[dart-announce] Lifting restrictions on mixins

'Anders Sandholm' via Dart Announcements

Oct 2, 2015, 9:38:08 AM10/2/15
to anno...@dartlang.org
Hi,

We're working on lifting restrictions on mixins in Dart.

The existing restrictions on mixins are: 1) mixins must inherit directly from Object, 2) mixins cannot contain super calls, and 3) mixins cannot define constructors. We are planning to remove restrictions 1 and 2.

If you want to get a feel for what this liberation feels like, you can already try it out now in the Analyzer and Dart VM using the flag "--supermixin". You can track implementation progress in the corresponding github issue. In parallel, we are working in TC52 on approving and ratifying this change in the spec.

Please take our new liberated mixins for a spin and let us know if you have feedback.

Thanks,
Anders

--
Anders Thorhauge Sandholm,