Extend API docs with DartPad

Ron Gonzalez Lobo

May 9, 2015, 10:30:53 PM5/9/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hey there,

We all love the new DartPad and extending the Dart API docs with code examples as DartPads' gists,
could give us the possibility of trying things out directly at the docs page in the browser.

E.g.
Looking at the dart:core.String#id_replaceFirstMapped implementation,
I'd love to see a new DartPad loading when scrolling down the API page,
showing some tests of the current class member or class function and lets me assert it instantly in the browser.

Thoughts?

Thomas Schranz

May 9, 2015, 10:48:09 PM5/9/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Brilliant idea Ron. I always liked that the docs on php.net had a comment area with code examples.
This would be really valuable. Having interactive docs that you can play around with powered by DartPad would be amazing.

Günter Zöchbauer

May 10, 2015, 2:49:54 AM5/10/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Yup, great idea.