Dart Code v1.3 released inc improved Flutter support - feedback wanted!

Danny Tuppeny

May 13, 2017, 9:42:27 AM5/13/17
to Dart Misc
Download: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=DanTup.dart-code

Thanks to Kyle Bradshaw, Dart Code now has the beginnings of support for working with Flutter projects :-)

I'm not very familiar with Flutter so I don't know if all the decisions made here are best so if you're using Flutter please do test it and send feedback (GitHub issues are best).

I don't know if using FLUTTER_ROOT or FLUTTER_HOME are appropriate, but I couldn't find much info on them (the goal was to allow new flutter projects to work without needing you to do something to get an SDK inside the project folder - feedback or confirmation about this would be appreciated!).

  • When opening a Flutter project, the below locations will be checked for a Flutter SDK and the embedded Dart SDK will be used (if no flutter SDK is found an error message will be shown)
    • `.\bin\flutter(.bat)`
    • `(FLUTTER_ROOT)\bin\flutter(.bat)`
    • `(FLUTTER_HOME)\bin\flutter(.bat)`
    • All folders in `PATH`
  • Dart SDK update checks are now disabled for Flutter projects due to the embedded Dartk SDK
  • Pub commands are now generally replaced with Flutter equivilents when a Flutter project is open (note: Pub commands still appear in the command palette for familiarity but will execute flutters versions)
  • When `flutter: sdk: flutter` is added to/removed from `pubspec.yaml` you will be prompted to reload to switch between Dart/Flutter SDKs
  • Pub commands will no longer appear in the command palette when a Dart project is not open

Eric Seidel

May 13, 2017, 11:00:34 AM5/13/17
to Dart Misc

---

Danny Tuppeny

May 13, 2017, 11:30:38 AM5/13/17
to Dart Misc
I'll remove FLUTTER_HOME from the next update to avoid confusion then :-)