musical logo for dart?

tatumizer-v0.2

Nov 13, 2017, 12:53:59 AM11/13/17
to Dart Misc
Dart is in dire need of musical logo.
Skeptics may ask: why would dart need such a thing???
Here's why: musical logo is something that accounts for the entire difference between success and smashing success!
In line with this projection, I recorded a couple of sketches for your consideration.
To listen to the sketches, go to https://chat.concert0x.com/?s=standalone
and in the text area, type
\demo n (where n=1,2 or 3). Yes, leading backslash.

BTW, you might be interested in the rest of the app, too. Especially in case you have your own musical ideas for the logo and know (at least approximately) how to play MIDI keyboard.
If you don't, please feel free to sing it and email me your mp3 recording - I will try to develop it into more conventional musical piece.
.

P.S. I would love to be able to write this app in dart, but I don't know how. I have to use some clever third-party javascript libraries which do all the heavy lifting (short of actually playing piano).
I'm pretty sure there's a way to utilize js libraries in dart, but my app right now is still in a proof-of-concept phase, maybe I'll end up rewriting in in dart after all.

tatumizer-v0.2

Nov 20, 2017, 3:16:55 PM11/20/17
to Dart Misc
Not much in terms of feedback for my logo proposals :(
To make things smoother, I added "demo" menu and recorded a couple of new tunes.
So if you don't like my prior themes, please try a new one, it's called "run0x01".
Sure there's a couple of glitches in there, but I'm not a musician, so please be lenient.
To just listen to the demos, please go to https://chat.concert0x.com?s=standalone and select from "demo" menu.

If you'd like to use the app for midi-chat (with optional video), just go to https://chat.concert0x.com and follow instructions.

Now, please bear with me guys: we need to promote web midi standard (https://www.w3.org/TR/webmidi/)! This is a great initiative, kudos to the authors (one of which, Chris Wilson, works for google), but no one except chrome supports it.
Others can refer to the lack of demand or something as an excuse for not supporting it. Somehow, we need to show them there's demand.
Please spread the word around.

Using the app, you can compose and record your own tunes. The lack of piano playing skills is not an obstacle. I can't play it either, but, as you see from the demos, that didn't stop me from recording quite enjoyable, energetic songs.
You can do it too. If you think you need instructions of how to proceed with music composition without prior putting 10-20 years of great pains and sweat info your effort, please let me know.
One of the goals of the app is to help teaching online. We can set up a short session, I will show you your way around the keyboard, and then you will proceed by your own with alacrity and great deal of success.
No, we will not learn how to read or write notes. You need to learn how to speak before  reading or writing  We will jump to speaking right away, and you will not believe how much can be achieved by this straightforward method.
Again, if you need a proof, please listen to the demos; I already managed to fool some people into believing those were Grammy-award winning recordings, yes! And I can't even read notes (I don't even mention writing - this is completely out of the question, I find music notation very user-unfriendly to begin with)

P.S. sorry for off-topic posts, but it's not completely off-topic considering the larger context of dart.