Are Dart Snapshots Cross-platform?

Jose Daniel Gomez Rodriguez

Sep 21, 2016, 11:16:49 PM9/21/16
to Dart Misc
Can I copy a dart snapshot generated in a Ubuntu computer and run it in another computer with Windows instead? or across ubuntu computers?

Rico Wind

Sep 22, 2016, 3:04:25 AM9/22/16
to General Dart Discussion
Yes, but note that the windows computer would need its own dart vm to run it (dart.exe, which you can take from the windows version of the sdk)

To run a snapshot you need  the dart vm binary (dart on linux/mac, dart.exe on windows) and the snapshot. The snapshot is platform independent.

Cheers
Rico

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 4:25 AM, Jose Daniel Gomez Rodriguez <1jose...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can I copy a dart snapshot generated in a Ubuntu computer and run it in another computer with Windows instead? or across ubuntu computers?

---