Dart on FreeBSD - anybody done it?

Thomas Løcke

Jan 18, 2014, 7:37:02 AM1/18/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
There's an issue for it at https://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=10260 but not much seems to be happening (on the surface at least).

Has anybody actually managed to get Dart up and running on FreeBSD? It would be pretty great to be able to build Dart daemons for this awesome OS.

tekz omnisoft

Apr 22, 2014, 11:03:31 AM4/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I'm 30yr Windows veteran with a newly installed FreeBSD-10Release server running and loving it.  But I naively thought Dart server-side apps would be almost plug-n-play portable especially across Linux/BSD distos. I have alot yet to learn in this new arena, but I too am surprised that there is not an active effort for FreeBSD support.

Harald Glatt

Apr 22, 2014, 11:33:51 AM4/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
That is true for the actual Dart program that you code. But the runtime that makes it actually run on FreeBSD does have to be ported to it. I have no clue about the DartVM code but given the fact that it already runs on Windows, Mac OS and Linux I think that it should be *fairly* simple to make it run on FreeBSD as well.