Snapshots in Dartium - Aw, Snap!

瀏覽次數:159 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Si Robertson

未讀,
2015年1月29日 清晨6:52:172015/1/29
收件者:mi...@dartlang.org
Hi guys,

I just tried running a Dart snapshot in Dartium (Chromium) and it failed to run, the Dart VM appeared to choke on the binary file. Is this a bug or is it not possible to run snapshots in a web browser?

Thanks.

Frank Rollpin

未讀,
2016年7月26日 下午1:33:002016/7/26
收件者:Dart Misc
I apologize for resurrecting an old topic, but I wonder if this is a supported scenario? I am interested in using it mostly for performance considerations (my app works much faster in Dartium than when compiled to JS), and I don't want to ship Dart code with it.

On a similar subject, it would be awesome to be able to use Dartium similarly to Electron (Dart VM + dart.html + dart.io) for shipping desktop application. Is there a chance for that happening some day?

Bob Nystrom

未讀,
2016年7月26日 下午2:01:162016/7/26
收件者:General Dart Discussion

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Frank Rollpin <frank....@gmail.com> wrote:
I am interested in using it mostly for performance considerations (my app works much faster in Dartium than when compiled to JS)

Can you file an issue with some details about this?

It may be that the performance of the generated JS is slow for some solvable reason beyond just the Dart VM being faster than V8.

Is there a chance for that happening some day?

No, I don't think so.

Dartium has only ever been intended as a development tool. That has a very different set of requirements than a browser intended for real-world end users. The latter implies a ton more effort around security hardening, performance on low-end devices, and generally much higher maintenance burden. Though it would be neat, I don't think we have the capacity to take that on.

Cheers!

– bob

Frank Rollpin

未讀,
2016年8月29日 晚上7:42:062016/8/29
收件者:Dart Misc
Filed a detailed issue describing the 6x difference in performance between DartVM and JS in certain scenarios; hopefully there is a way to alleviate the problem...

https://github.com/dart-lang/sdk/issues/27196
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄