DART MSSQL and LDAP

EDUARDO KAISER

Mar 11, 2022, 1:25:52 AM3/11/22
to Dart Misc
I am unable to implemente these features in dart web api.
- don't have any packages to deal with mssql (stored procedures, params, etc)
- LDAP is working but I didn't find a way to get logged user from domain to use in ldap like in C#: System.Web.HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name

Does anyone knows if I'm missing something or NodeJs as Web Api server is my best approach instead of dart?

I would like to use dart.... when you are an alone fullstack developer, its is better to use only one language if possible.

Thanks

Shlomo Belleli

Mar 11, 2022, 2:36:00 AM3/11/22
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hi
My answer is not an answer to your problem but maybe can help you somehow.

We transferred a product from Java to dart and the database is MySql.
We faced a lot of problems with the Dart and MySql driver,
the current (Mysql/Dart) tools and drivers  are not mature enough.
Then we left our server in Java / servelts, and Dart UI talks to the server over JSON

Our next server version may be Dart/Postgres or Go/MySql, we will neglect Java.

My advice for you is always to choose the right tool or language that fits your needs,
and not based on the team size, otherwise you can end up with more problems,
based on miss fit of the tool to the task.

Shlomo.

‫בתאריך יום ו׳, 11 במרץ 2022 ב-8:25 מאת ‪EDUARDO KAISER‬‏ <‪slash...@gmail.com‬‏>:‬
--
For more ways to connect visit https://dart.dev/community

Shlomo belleli
972-50-7200510
shlomo....@gmail.com

EDUARDO KAISER

Mar 13, 2022, 8:35:43 AM3/13/22
to Dart Misc, shlomo....@gmail.com
I'll probably use C# for MSSQL and AD/LDAP authorization and NodeJS for the rest or web api routines. Dart will take place only in flutter front end
Thank you!