Polymer 1.0 is here – news for Dartisans?

davenotik

May 28, 2015, 2:14:59 PM5/28/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Just announced at I/O: Polymer 1.0.

News for Dart folks?

The latest news was that the team was waiting for Polymer to stabilize and elements to be upgraded.

Very much looking forward.

iamque...@gmail.com

May 28, 2015, 2:21:55 PM5/28/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Yeah I can't wait for it either :D

Dan Grove

May 28, 2015, 2:22:46 PM5/28/15
to w...@dartlang.org
I can tell you that jak...@google.com is working very hard on this a few feet away from me right now....

Don Olmstead

May 28, 2015, 2:27:51 PM5/28/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Cracking the whip over there? ;)

Looking forward to a release. I see https://github.com/dart-lang/polymer-dart/tree/0.17.0-dev is a thing.

Dan Grove

May 28, 2015, 2:28:17 PM5/28/15
to w...@dartlang.org
On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Don Olmstead <don.j.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
Cracking the whip over there? ;)
actively.

Looking forward to a release. I see https://github.com/dart-lang/polymer-dart/tree/0.17.0-dev is a thing.

Günter Zöchbauer

May 28, 2015, 3:26:49 PM5/28/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Sounds fantastic! Please ensure nobody disturbs and he gets enough coffee ;)

Anders Holmgren

May 28, 2015, 3:54:39 PM5/28/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Plus pizza so he doesn't starve when you lock the doors

Ola Fosheim Grøstad

Jun 3, 2015, 6:28:31 AM6/3/15
to w...@dartlang.org
On Thursday, 28 May 2015 20:22:46 UTC+2, dgrove wrote:
I can tell you that jak...@google.com is working very hard on this a few feet away from me right now....

Yes!! :)

I have found polymer to be of great value when building admin interfaces using Dart. The right abstraction level for this kind of work.

I am really looking forward to using the next version!

mark.hatsell

Jun 3, 2015, 6:59:53 AM6/3/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Good news! However, the lack of inheritance is going to be a big issue for me with v1.0.

Hopefully this will be added sooner rather than later.

ravi teja

Jun 3, 2015, 7:11:14 AM6/3/15
to w...@dartlang.org
+1 for inhertiance

Don Olmstead

Jun 3, 2015, 1:30:05 PM6/3/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Look into using a mixin instead of inheritance. It should work for the majority of things you want to do.

Ron Gonzalez Lobo

Jun 4, 2015, 12:44:33 AM6/4/15
to w...@dartlang.org
This is just awesome!

We can't wait to use Dart with Polymer 1.0 and Angular 2 to build the next generation offline first web apps.

I'd be thrilled for a full service worker support!

vittorio....@drafintech.it

Jun 5, 2015, 1:27:13 PM6/5/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Polymer 1.0 is a big compatibility break from previous version. I'm wondering how the will handle with dart. Also I'm a bit concerned on how much work we will have to do to upgrade ... Hope the dart version will mitigate some of the differences (data binding and attribute convention are the biggest issues for  us).

Jacob Macdonald

Jun 5, 2015, 1:42:45 PM6/5/15
to w...@dartlang.org
There are definitely going to be breaking changes, some things we can hide a bit in dart but others we can't. The data binding syntax  specifically in dart is not likely to be any different than the syntax in JS, so all the breaking changes you see there will most likely be breaking changes in dart as well.

vittorio....@drafintech.it

Jul 15, 2015, 9:35:41 AM7/15/15
to w...@dartlang.org
We would like to try to port our code from dart-polymer-0.16 to dart-polymer-0.17 (polymer 1.0). I know there's an experimental branch for polymer on github. Is there anything similar for iron and paper elements?

Günter Zöchbauer

Jul 15, 2015, 9:43:04 AM7/15/15
to w...@dartlang.org, vittorio....@drafintech.it
For the iron and paper elements a Dart wrapper will be autogenerated (mostly) but I guess this is not yet working.

arca...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2015, 7:58:23 AM8/7/15
to Dart Web Development
Is there any roadmap about polymer in dart because polymer was relase on may for javascript developers and dart developers are still waiting for it. Dart is a language maintained by google so i really dont understand this delay.

andrew...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2015, 8:45:29 AM8/7/15
to Dart Web Development, arca...@gmail.com
>> Is there any roadmap about polymer in dart because polymer was relase on may for javascript developers and dart developers are still waiting for it. Dart is a language maintained by google so i really dont understand this delay.

True Dartisans may use Dart without Polymer.

Vittorio Ballestra

Aug 7, 2015, 9:09:52 AM8/7/15
to w...@dartlang.org
Because porting to dart possibly is not that simple ? Anyway polymer-1.0 is coming to dart in the near future. Stay tuned.

Vittorio Ballestra
Area Sviluppo

Drafintech
              s.r.l.
Sede legale: Via C.R. Ceccardi, 2/12 - 16121 Genova
Sede operativa: Via T. Schiva, 12 - 18100 Imperia
T. +39 0183 767949

Jim Trainor

Aug 7, 2015, 11:48:25 AM8/7/15
to w...@dartlang.org
I am using polymer/js with dart.  No problem mixing dart with javascript.   I run and debug mixed native Dart and Javascript in Dartium for debug and development. I use Webstorm for that. Or use dart2js output in any browser. Switching back and forth is no problem. The bulk of my code is Dart. Just a thin layer of UI on top of it (at least that's the goal). When Polymer is ready for Dart I'll use that too. In the mean time any/all experience developed on the JS side carries over quite well.  It the same polymer components regardless of whether you are using Dart or Javascript to access them.

arca...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2015, 11:52:48 AM8/7/15
to Dart Web Development
Thank you very much for the answers , I thought the post was dead. I did not want to offend anyone with my comments . The only thing is that I think that dart is awesome and should have more support from google . I apologize if I have offended anyone