trouble with drone due to pub

Daniel Davidson

May 23, 2015, 10:56:41 PM5/23/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Recent changes have caused my pub upgrade commands to either not complete or take too long for drone.
A simple example is this pubspec:

    name: magus
    version: 0.0.13
    dependencies:
      sqljocky: "^0.11.0"
    dev_dependencies:
      test: "^0.12.0"
    environment:
      sdk: ">=1.8.0 <2.0.0"

I'm not sure what is causing the problem. These are the dependencies that seemed most troubling. I have more that I require, but something about this is not working.

What is interesting is if I run leave all my dependencies in except one of the two offenders - say all except sqljocky, then it runs fine. Then when I add sqljockey and run again, it again runs fine. So I know this is a complex problem and heuristics are being used to do probably a massive search to find compatibility. Then running it again is maybe using the previous success to build on?

Anyway, I think the issue is related to my move from unittest to test. Maybe it would help if sqljoky moved to test also?

Thanks
Dan

Natalie Weizenbaum

May 24, 2015, 1:38:31 AM5/24/15
to General Dart Discussion

What version of pub are you using?

Daniel Davidson

May 24, 2015, 7:06:16 AM5/24/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
pub --version
Pub 1.10.0-dev.1.10

dart --version
Dart VM version: 1.10.0-dev.1.10 (Thu Apr 23 01:11:08 2015) on "linux_x64"

Natalie Weizenbaum

May 26, 2015, 5:20:48 PM5/26/15
to General Dart Discussion
I think that version is prior to some substantial changes I made to the version solver. Can you try running with 1.11.0-dev.2.0?

Daniel Davidson

May 27, 2015, 7:19:20 AM5/27/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Sure. How can I get that? I see this https://www.dartlang.org/downloads/archive/ but the latest available is 1.11.0-dev.0.0 (rev 45519)

Thanks
Dan

Rico Wind

May 27, 2015, 8:46:14 AM5/27/15
to General Dart Discussion
Daniel:
Archive page is broken after we switched to a new archiving system. Due to moving to git, we no longer have a sequence of increasing revisions.
1.11.0-dev.2.0 will not be publicly shipped until this is fixed in the dartlang page. I have filed:

In the mean time, you can grap it directly from here:

Cheers,
Rico

Natalie Weizenbaum

May 27, 2015, 7:40:11 PM5/27/15
to General Dart Discussion
Running pub locally (with the new solver), this pubspec is solved pretty quickly.