"presentation software" in Dart?

Randal L. Schwartz

May 27, 2015, 7:52:27 PM5/27/15
to mi...@dartlang.org

I seem to recall one of the presentations last year being given using
Dart itself, including part of the presentation editing the dart code
live to change the format of the slide numbers or something.

Is that code available?

Or is there something even cooler now?

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig

Gilad Bracha

May 27, 2015, 8:53:13 PM5/27/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
That is what I'd hope to see with Fletch.  I don't know of anything that did that last year though. I did a presentation last June at InfoQ in NY which included a bunch of live programming demos in various systems, including incremental compilation in Dart. It also showed a presentation manager that let you modify the preso live - but it was written in a functional Lisp-like thing that few have ever heard of.

The incremental compilation work has moved into Fletch-land. I hope we'll have demos in the near future that showcase that.

If anyone else knows of Dart work in this vein that I am overlooking, please chime in!

Jacob Goodson

May 27, 2015, 9:27:19 PM5/27/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I assume that Fletch has you pretty excited then?

Thomas Schranz

May 27, 2015, 10:26:19 PM5/27/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
Randall if you mainly want to show some web-based live coding I guess DartPad might work quite well:

I also heard good things about IntelliJ's presentation mode once you get the gist of it
but I'd also like to see more (& more interactive) web based presentation tools :)

Gilad Bracha

May 27, 2015, 10:28:29 PM5/27/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 6:27 PM Jacob Goodson <submissio...@gmx.com> wrote:
I assume that Fletch has you pretty excited then?

Yep

Randal L. Schwartz

May 27, 2015, 11:36:01 PM5/27/15
to mi...@dartlang.org

Thomas> Randall if you mainly want to show some web-based live coding I guess
Thomas> DartPad might work quite well:

Thomas> https://dartpad.dartlang.org/

It's not just about showing live code... I'm really looking for the code
that the presentation was using, because I need to write a presentation
for FISL in two months!

Randal L. Schwartz

Jun 28, 2015, 8:08:28 PM6/28/15
to mi...@dartlang.org

Randal> I seem to recall one of the presentations last year being given using
Randal> Dart itself, including part of the presentation editing the dart code
Randal> live to change the format of the slide numbers or something.

Randal> Is that code available?

Ahh, found the presentation I was looking for, but no links to the
actual presentation framework:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euCNWhs7ivQ

Is either Emily Fortuna or Sigmund Cherem around here? I'd like to use
their presentation framework for my Intro to Dart in a few weeks.

Rico Wind

Jun 29, 2015, 1:59:02 AM6/29/15
to General Dart Discussion, Sigmund Cherem

+sigmund@

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig

Siggi Cherem

Jun 29, 2015, 1:15:58 PM6/29/15
to Rico Wind, General Dart Discussion
The code is available on Emily's github account here: https://github.com/efortuna/dart_slidedeck.

Note that it is quite outdated and you might need to do some major upgrades before you can use it (it was written with WebUI, which I'm not sure will run in Dart 1.11, so you may need to upgrade it to use polymer.)

Hope it is useful to you though.

Cheers,
Siggi

Randal L. Schwartz

Jun 29, 2015, 8:53:01 PM6/29/15
to mi...@dartlang.org

Siggi> The code is available on Emily's github account here:
Siggi> https://github.com/efortuna/dart_slidedeck.

Siggi> Note that it is quite outdated and you might need to do some
Siggi> major upgrades before you can use it (it was written with WebUI,
Siggi> which I'm not sure will run in Dart 1.11, so you may need to
Siggi> upgrade it to use polymer.)

Thank you thank you! I'm heads down getting the slide deck just using
reveal.js, but if I get spare cycles, I'll pull this in. It'd be nice
to say "and I'm even using Dart to present this" rather than reveal.js.