Mysql driver

Ali Altun

Apr 15, 2014, 4:26:58 AM4/15/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Is there any devoloper who use sqljocky mysql driver in produktion ?

Bruno LE GUERNIC

Apr 15, 2014, 4:38:04 AM4/15/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Yes, I use it.

Is there any devoloper who use sqljocky mysql driver in produktion ?

Tel: +33 (0)7 77 79 77 76

Ali Altun

Apr 16, 2014, 12:27:54 PM4/16/14
to mi...@dartlang.org, bruno.l...@e-blg.com
Thanks Mr.LE GUERNIC

I'm about to start an important project that I have to use mysql as an database backend in my company.
Is there any risk to use mysql for this project because of unfinished database driver.

Altun

Filipe Morgado

Apr 16, 2014, 12:48:20 PM4/16/14
to mi...@dartlang.org, bruno.l...@e-blg.com
Hi,

I have tried that driver but I'm not using it in production. I'm using a MongoDB driver which implements what I need: the very basic and nothing else.

The "unfinished driver" status is usually not a problem for consumer apps.
Advanced features are usually used for administration or analysis, from another client/GUI.
Features such as compression and encryption are not needed if your MySQL server runs on the same machine or in a trusted network.

In summary, if your app only needs select/update/delete/create/drop, it should work very well for you.
(Although, I don't know how optimized it is, when it comes to performance).

My 2 cts :P

Bruno LE GUERNIC

Apr 17, 2014, 4:11:32 AM4/17/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I am in production, i try all basic sql request, it's Ok. For Blob, i try Blob text, it's Ok. I don't try Binary Blob.
Also the support is very good, and very reactive. For me it's a very good experience.
Regards.

Ali Altun

Apr 17, 2014, 10:53:29 AM4/17/14
to mi...@dartlang.org, bruno.l...@e-blg.com