Dart and Cordova/MobileChromeApps?

George Moschovitis

Oct 17, 2014, 7:30:39 AM10/17/14
Anyone managed to use Dart with MobileChromeApps (https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/mobile-chrome-apps) and/or (plain) Cordova?
Is Javascript-interop required or is vanilla Dart enough. Is it possible to use the 'chrome' pub package in a MobileChromeApp?

-g.

David Notik

Oct 18, 2014, 12:40:34 AM10/18/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
When my app was much simpler (no routing, all client side Polymer w/ Firebase data back-end) I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly I wrapped up an iOS app with the PhoneGap/Cordova CLI. I simply pointed Cordova to the dart2js'ed results in the /build folder.

Now that my app is more complex (HTML5 pushstate/popstate URL routing, server request/response) I anticipate it'll be more difficult, but I haven't yet tried. I'm not sure how the URL routing in particular will work given its wrapped w/ Cordova, but maybe it just does. I'll get to trying it further down my prio list.

--D
--
Woven – together.

George Moschovitis

Oct 18, 2014, 9:04:56 PM10/18/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I wasn't clear enough. Indeed, running a simple Dart web  application with Cordova/MobileChromeApps is straightforward (and works!)
The question was about accessing Cordova and/or Chrome APIs from the Dart application. E.g. the 'chrome' pub package will
work on Cordova?