Embedding the dart vm into c application (apache module)

Benjamin Strauß

Jul 19, 2014, 7:55:57 PM7/19/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I am currently trying to embed the dart vm into an apache module. Similar work on that has been done several years ago (see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12060502/mod-dart-is-dead-help-me-rebuild-it).

The problem is, i am not able to call any vm functions. Every call leads to a compilation error (like: 2>mod_dart.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _Dart_IsServiceRunning referenced in function _hello_handler).

As far as i know the the runtime is implemented in C. Have i forgotten any library dependencies? The project can be found here: https://github.com/BigBen1307/mod_dart. It currently only contains the example module from apache.org with a call to Dart_IsServiceRunning().

Thanks