[dart-announce] Dart 1.7 Release Notes

Kevin Moore

Oct 15, 2014, 5:06:49 PM10/15/14
to anno...@dartlang.org
This is a summary of the changes available in Dart 1.7

  • dart:async

    • Zone added errorCallback which allows intercepting errors that have been programmatically added to Future or Stream.

  • dart:io

    • Changes to HttpClient shutdown handling. See the announcement for more details.

    • Added HttpServer.autoCompress, with default set to ‘false’ (was always enabled before).

  • dart:isolate

    • Isolate.spawnUri added two optional parameters: paused and packageRoot.

  • pub

    • Globally activated packages can now put executables directly on your PATH. Read the documentation here.

  • dart2js

    • The deferred loading mechanism now works in the presence of multiple Dart apps on the same page.

  • Software distribution

--
For more news and information, visit https://plus.google.com/+dartlang

To join the conversation, visit https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/

Vadim Tsushko

Oct 16, 2014, 8:25:36 AM10/16/14
to mi...@dartlang.org, anno...@dartlang.org
Online update from Dart Editor did not work for me on two machines: Windows 8 64bit and Windows 2008 R2 64 bit.
When I run any script from Dart Editor it breaks with error: Unrecognized flags: break-at-isolate-spawn. From the command line script run succesfully.
Removing DartEditor directory from user profile directory did not help.
Error disappeared when I downloaded full version of Dart editor from dartlang.org and replaced version by old way.

Rico Wind

Oct 16, 2014, 8:50:58 AM10/16/14
to General Dart Discussion, Phil Quitslund, Daniel Rubel, anno...@dartlang.org
+phil, +dan