1.8

Mark Nordine

Oct 26, 2014, 3:49:29 PM10/26/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
What's coming in 1.8?

Bob Nystrom

Oct 27, 2014, 12:17:28 PM10/27/14
to General Dart Discussion
In general, we don't pre-announce what features will be in upcoming releases. Since we stick to a pretty rigid release schedule, we don't necessarily know what features will be done in time until shortly before the release.

You can search the bug database by milestone, which gives you a hint as to what we intend to have in a given release, but that isn't any kind of hard commitment.

Cheers!

- bob

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Mark Nordine <mark.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
What's coming in 1.8?

George Moschovitis

Oct 29, 2014, 8:58:53 AM10/29/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
At least you can shed some light on what you are working on.
E.g. wtf is analyzer2dart, this new IR system, what's the status on dart2dart, or Dart support for AppEngine/ManagedVMs, etc...

Even better, I would love to see a comeback of your weekly-meeting summary posts :)

-g.

Matthew Butler

Oct 29, 2014, 10:01:52 AM10/29/14
to mi...@dartlang.org

On Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:58:53 AM UTC-3, George Moschovitis wrote:

Even better, I would love to see a comeback of your weekly-meeting summary posts :)
+1 to weekly meeting notes again :D

-g.

Matt

Jacob Goodson

Oct 29, 2014, 12:38:05 PM10/29/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
This post is a more conservative version of my previous post.  Apparently, we Dartisans are interested in a road map of sorts.

Bob Nystrom

Oct 29, 2014, 12:45:22 PM10/29/14
to General Dart Discussion

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Matthew Butler <butler....@gmail.com> wrote:
Even better, I would love to see a comeback of your weekly-meeting summary posts :)
+1 to weekly meeting notes again :D

Alas, as far as I know, those meetings no longer occur. The language was under very active, but informal development before we hit 1.0. After that and we moved the spec to ECMA, those meetings ended and the pace of language changes slowed significantly.

I imagine our fearless language designers do still discuss language changes, but as far as I know it's informal and undocumented.

- bob

Günter Zöchbauer

Oct 29, 2014, 1:06:32 PM10/29/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
That would be nice of course but we should think whether we want the Dart team to spend their time to work on cool new features and improved quality or on managing our expectations and couriosity?

When you follow the issue tracker and info about updates in bleeding edge and dev channel you'll get a good impression what will probably be shipped with the next stable release.
Just imagine how it would be if you didn't have access to this information about in-development features (like it is for closed source apps). ;-)