[dart-announce] Dart 1.8 (release candidate) is ready for your testing

'Anders Sandholm' via Dart Announcements

Nov 18, 2014, 10:33:50 AM11/18/14
to anno...@dartlang.org
Give Dart 1.8 (Release Candidate) a spin!

Like so many other things in life, the stable release of Dart version 1.8 is getting closer every day!

In terms of library changes, 1.8 offers the following additions. In dart:collection, SplayTree added toSet() and in dart:convert, JsonUtf8Encoder was added. In dart:core we added optional start and end arguments to the String.fromCharCodes constructor. Finally, in dart:io, we added support for the ALPN extension of the TLS protocol for Client and Server.

So, if you've got a moment to spare, please help us test it and get your projects and packages ready for 1.8. You can find the latest bits here:

[This notice is for the dev channel. As always, to check what channel you are on, open the Dart Editor and choose About from the menu.]

--
Anders Thorhauge Sandholm,
Product Manager, Google Denmark

--
For more news and information, visit https://plus.google.com/+dartlang

To join the conversation, visit https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/

Oliver

Nov 19, 2014, 4:12:21 AM11/19/14
to mi...@dartlang.org, anno...@dartlang.org
Any plans for fixing this breaking change before the 1.8 release?