Dart VM Codebase

Jesse Riggins

Sep 2, 2014, 5:06:35 PM9/2/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Although I'm still learning the Dart language myself, I'm also fascinated by the Dart VM.  I've checked out and built the code, and I'm curious to know if anyone has any pointers to the VM codebase.

In particular, I'm interested in a high-level architecture overview and specifics/pointers on how developers run/debug the codebase (I'm on OS X, by the way).

Thanks in advance,
 Jesse

Kenneth Endfinger

Sep 8, 2014, 12:11:02 AM9/8/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I don't know much about the very internals of the VM, but I can tell you that the Dart VM is the best VM I have ever seen. Running the codebase can be done by using a full build (./tool/build.py -a x64 create_sdk) and then running the 'dart' executable from the out/Releasex64/ directory