Re: [dart-misc] Re: The present and future of editors and IDEs for Dart (Educational Perspective)

Daniel Joyce

Jul 18, 2015, 7:25:53 PM7/18/15
to mi...@dartlang.org, mer...@stonehenge.com

Just tried out the atom editor with the dartlang plugin. Pretty nice. Just need to find a way to add launch option when right clicking on manifest.json. pleasantly surprised how well the analysis server works.

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015, 16:17 David Kopec <snpu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I tate to resurrect an old thread - but I was wondering whether there's been any movement on this issue?  The lack of an included fully integrated IDE with the SDK download is IMHO a huge barrier to entry for learners who are too sophisticated for DartPad but not "all-in" enough to configure a plugin for a third party IDE.  I think Dart Editor was a huge selling point, even if it was a maintenance nightmare.  I agree with all of Marco Jakob's sentiments.

Daniel Joyce

The meek shall inherit the Earth, for the brave will be among the stars.