Is there a way to copy the launch profiles in Dart Editor?

John Evans

Aug 10, 2012, 9:30:23 AM8/10/12
to mi...@dartlang.org
I download the latest editor/SDK each day and rebuilding launch profiles for my projects each time.  I was wondering if there is a file somewhere that I can just copy over instead?

John Evans

Aug 10, 2012, 9:32:37 AM8/10/12
to mi...@dartlang.org

Matthew Butler

Aug 10, 2012, 9:34:12 AM8/10/12
to mi...@dartlang.org
While I haven't tried with the continuous, I overwrite the existing install each week when I update the integrated build. This keeps my settings and profiles without any issues and it's very rare when something messes up and I have to blow away the dart/ directory and reinstall 'clean'.

Matt

Keerti Parthasarathy

Aug 10, 2012, 10:52:33 AM8/10/12
to mi...@dartlang.org
The launch profiles are stored in the workspace metadata, under workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches . If you do not delete the workspace at every new install, the launches preserve.

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart

--
Keerti

John Evans

Aug 10, 2012, 12:50:46 PM8/10/12
to mi...@dartlang.org
Thanks Keerti!

Stuart Rackham

Aug 11, 2012, 5:57:50 AM8/11/12
to Dart Discussion
The editor seems to create the workspace directory in the current
working
directory (at least it does under Linux), so I use the following bash
alias to start the editor:

  alias de='(cd ~/projects/dart && DartEditor)'

This ensures the configuration data is always in the same place in my
projects directory and it doesn't get overwritten when updating.