Pub proposal: bin_dependencies + `pub activate`

Sean Eagan

Mar 27, 2015, 4:09:47 PM3/27/15
to General Dart Discussion

Problem

Many packages expose command-line apps in /bin as well as dart APIs to that same functionality in /lib.  Command-line apps generally require additional dependencies such as `args`, `unscripted`, `ansicolor`, `prompt`, etc.  Trying to get your package and all of your transitive dependencies to agree on versions of these packages is very difficult.  This leads to version lock.

Bug to star

Feedback welcome!!!

Cheers,
Sean Eagan

Bob Nystrom

Mar 27, 2015, 4:36:23 PM3/27/15
to General Dart Discussion
This proposal is swell. I have some reservations, but I really appreciate you writing it up. I added a few comments.

Cheers!

- bob