Docgen --serve graceful shutdown methods

tekz omnisoft

Apr 22, 2014, 10:36:13 AM4/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I'm using "docgen --serve ..." on windows based command-line prompt.
(Dart Editor version 1.4.0.dev_02_02 (DEV) Dart SDK version 1.4.0-dev.2.2)
On first use(or no dartdoc-viewer folder), dartdoc-viewer is downloaded and compiled to the project root as expected. The only way I know to shutdown HttpServer is Ctrl-C or Window's Close button.  I have yet to actually find the process in Task Manager, but it does perform a hard shutdown.  However, the OS still has a lock on various files.  Subsequent "docgen --serve ..." will fail because of "Acess is Denied".  I have to physically remove the project's dartdoc-viewer files & folder, which forces another download and dart2js compile.

Googling for answers, I found ProcessSignal.SIGHUP and ProcessSignal.SIGINT. But testing on one of our websocket apps, I never hit a break point within the listeners.  Does Docgen --serve and HttpServer apps not have built-in support for graceful shutdown methods on Windows environments?  How do Dart server apps HttpServer.unbind to release all system memory and filesystem resources?

Emily Fortuna

Apr 23, 2014, 4:11:53 PM4/23/14
to General Dart Discussion
Hi there,
Thank you for pointing this out. We actually hadn't run into this issue yet because we primarily run on unix based systems! This is a bug when running docgen on Windows, and I have an idea how to fix it. Will you please file a bug at http://dartbug.com/new? Thank you!
Emily

tekz omnisoft

Apr 23, 2014, 4:59:21 PM4/23/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Thanks Emily for your response. I created new issue: