New Dart Editor build 0.5.0.1_r21823

Eric Clayberg

Apr 23, 2013, 2:16:13 PM4/23/13
to anno...@dartlang.org, mi...@dartlang.org
A new Dart Editor build is available at www.dartlang.org/editorChanges include:
  • Run > Always Run Last Launch menu option when enabled will always run the last launch unless user chooses another launch explicitly.
  • “Refactor” top-level menu
  • Support for inlining getters and setters.
  • “Rename...” proposal in Quick Assist (Cmd+1)
  • Use import prefix for return type in 'Extract Method' refactoring.
  • Several Quick fixes.
  • Several debugger fixes.
  • Additional warnings and errors enabled in new analysis engine.
  • Many general improvements and fixes to new analysis engine.
Breaking Change List:
  • Invocation use Symbol instead of String for names.
  • Invocation.invokeOn was moved to InstanceMirror.delegate in dart:mirrors.
And as always,view the changelog for the full list of changes, and to get started with the Editor see our tutorial.

--
Eric Clayberg
Dart Editor Team

John McCutchan

Apr 23, 2013, 2:27:53 PM4/23/13
to General Dart Discussion, anno...@dartlang.org
Hi,

Seems to be an issue with WebGL and dart:typeddata https://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=10152

John

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart

--
John McCutchan <jo...@johnmccutchan.com>

John McCutchan

Apr 23, 2013, 2:38:16 PM4/23/13
to General Dart Discussion

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Eric Clayberg <clay...@google.com> wrote:

--
Consider asking HOWTO questions at Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/tags/dart

--
John McCutchan <jo...@johnmccutchan.com>

Colm Sloan

Apr 23, 2013, 4:25:14 PM4/23/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
This is probably an odd request but I'd like to see a recording of a
coder who is very proficient with Dart Editor just using it for a few
minutes. He'd just be writing ordinary code, mistakes and all. I want
to see the shortcuts and operations he uses and his flow within the
editor so that I could imitate it to improve my Dart Editor
experience.

Is there any chance of a Dart Editor expert making such a video to
demonstrate how best to use the editor?

On 23/04/2013, John McCutchan <jo...@johnmccutchan.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seems to be an issue with WebGL and dart:typeddata
> https://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=10152
>
> John
>

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Eric Clayberg <clay...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> A new Dart Editor build is available at www.dartlang.org/editor. Changes
>> include:
>>
>> - Run > Always Run Last Launch menu option when enabled will always
>> run the last launch unless user chooses another launch explicitly.
>> - “Refactor” top-level menu
>> - Support for inlining getters and setters.
>> - “Rename...” proposal in Quick Assist (Cmd+1)
>> - Use import prefix for return type in 'Extract Method' refactoring.
>> - Several Quick fixes.
>> - Several debugger fixes.
>> - Additional warnings and errors enabled in new analysis engine.
>> - Many general improvements and fixes to new analysis engine.
>>
>> Breaking Change List:
>>
>> - Invocation use Symbol instead of String for names.
>> - Invocation.invokeOn was moved to InstanceMirror.delegate in
>> dart:mirrors.
>>
>> And as always,view the
>> changelog<http://gsdview.appspot.com/dart-editor-archive-integration/latest/changelog.html>
>> for
>> the full list of changes, and to get started with the Editor see our
>> tutorial <http://www.dartlang.org/editor/>.

Filipe Morgado

Apr 24, 2013, 11:21:39 AM4/24/13
to mi...@dartlang.org

Terça-feira, 23 de Abril de 2013 21:25:14 UTC+1, Colm Sloan escreveu:
Is there any chance of a Dart Editor expert making such a video to
demonstrate how best to use the editor?

That's a good idea! Would be pretty useful for noobs like me.

Fernando Daniel Tiberti

Apr 24, 2013, 1:32:03 PM4/24/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
That would be cool. I remember watching a dart presentation recording, and the guy was using the editor and I went "whoa, how did he do that?"

Thomas Løcke

Apr 24, 2013, 2:03:58 PM4/24/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:25:14 PM UTC+2, Colm Sloan wrote:
This is probably an odd request but I'd like to see a recording of a
coder who is very proficient with Dart Editor just using it for a few
minutes. He'd just be writing ordinary code, mistakes and all. I want
to see the shortcuts and operations he uses and his flow within the
editor so that I could imitate it to improve my Dart Editor
experience.

Is there any chance of a Dart Editor expert making such a video to
demonstrate how best to use the editor?

I second this most _awesome_ idea! I'd love to see how a real Dart expert handles him/herself in the Dart editor.

Jos Hirth

Apr 24, 2013, 2:12:59 PM4/24/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
Heh. Yea, I didn't know that one of Eclipse's default features is an indention-aware move line(s) up/down shortcut (alt+up/down). It's really handy.

Alex Tatumizer

Apr 24, 2013, 2:44:15 PM4/24/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
> Yea, I didn't know that one of Eclipse's default features is an indention-aware move line(s) up/down shortcut (alt+up/down). It's really handy.
Press CTRL-SHIFT-L to see the list of shortcuts. A lot of interesting discoveries to be made :-)
The problem is to learn these shortcuts be heart. I have no idea how this can be done in a systematic manner.

Geert Claes

Apr 25, 2013, 3:37:54 AM4/25/13
to mi...@dartlang.org
I like the idea to see something like this for someone writing a Dart app using Cloud9

Geo Georgeson

Apr 27, 2013, 11:51:08 AM4/27/13
to mi...@dartlang.org, anno...@dartlang.org
I notice that the new Analyzer has some troubles with infered type checking for local variables and closure-parameters, comparing to the old Analyzer - very often happens to not "guess" correctly the type of some variable, where (using the same source and just switching the analyzers) the old one had no mistakes. But at the same time the new one has better behaviour in code-completion about global objects - libraries, classes and etc from libraries, correctly interprets the library-aliases (as I always use aliases, to be sure given class, function, etc from which library is), where for these things the old analyzer had some troubles.

That's what I like to share from my experience with the new version.