capistrano like tool for dart

tomaszkubacki

Jul 26, 2014, 9:37:42 AM7/26/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hi,

I was thinking on how could I implement Capistrano like tool for Dart.

Biggest problem I see now is there is no ssh lib for dart server.

So here comes my question: what would be easiest way to implement
secure remote commands in Dart ?

Cheers,
t.k

Seth Ladd

Jul 28, 2014, 2:19:52 PM7/28/14
to General Dart Discussion
On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 6:37 AM, tomaszkubacki <tomasz....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was thinking on how could I implement Capistrano like tool for Dart.

Would you build this stand-alone, or would you build this as a series of tasks for a build tool, like grinder ?

Biggest problem I see now is there is no ssh lib for dart server.

So here comes my question: what would be easiest way to implement
secure remote commands in Dart ?

For now? Shell out to the command line :) Alternative: port an existing Java or JavaScript library over?

Cheers,
t.k

tomaszkubacki

Jul 29, 2014, 4:05:35 AM7/29/14
to mi...@dartlang.org

On Monday, July 28, 2014 8:19:52 PM UTC+2, Seth Ladd wrote:
I was thinking on how could I implement Capistrano like tool for Dart.
Would you build this stand-alone, or would you build this as a series of tasks for a build tool, like grinder ?

Seems like a good approach -  will try it out

For now? Shell out to the command line :) Alternative: port an existing Java or JavaScript library over?

yeah already found https://github.com/mscdex/ssh2 - but writing to CLI would be way easier :)

thanks for answer :)

George Moschovitis

Jul 29, 2014, 1:47:01 PM7/29/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Would you build this stand-alone, or would you build this as a series of tasks for a build tool, like grinder ?

What is the difference between pub/barback and grinder?
Why do we need yet another build tool?

Kevin Moore

Jul 30, 2014, 3:56:50 PM7/30/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
pub/barback are meant to do code (and markup) transformations – the closest thing we have to a build tool is Dart.

Grinder and Hop are meant to be general task runners. You can use them as part of a build workflow or just to run one-off tasks.

George Moschovitis

Jul 30, 2014, 5:52:12 PM7/30/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Grinder and Hop are meant to be general task runners. You can use them as part of a build workflow or just to run one-off tasks.

Well, what about merging Grinder and Hop then?

-g.

Kevin Moore

Jul 30, 2014, 7:40:59 PM7/30/14
to mi...@dartlang.org, Devon Carew
Devon and I discussed this in principle, but no one wanted to sign up to do the work to port Spark (Chrome Dev Editor) to Hop.

I'd love to have a community member that cares about this space to make a proposal.