Problems with dart-sdk 1.9 dev 8 (Windows and Mac)

Andreas Kirsch

Feb 19, 2015, 6:51:56 PM2/19/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I get the following error when I try to run pub on my Windows machine:

C:\Dev\dart 1.9-dev8\dart-sdk\bin>.\dart snapshots\pub.dart.snapshot
Wrong script snapshot version, expected '9b71a36fb6f35a4247b4baef055b2626' found
 '8a2822fc14c97914b87335dcea37245f'

I have similar problems on my MacBook: pub crashes there as well. I'll post a stacktrace later.

Bob Nystrom

Feb 19, 2015, 7:22:00 PM2/19/15
to General Dart Discussion, Natalie Weizenbaum
+nweiz

This bug has been going around. I think Natalie knows what's up with it.

- bob

Dennis Kaselow

Feb 19, 2015, 7:37:36 PM2/19/15
to mi...@dartlang.org
I once had this bug: https://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=20565. It happened after updating the editor while pub was running.

But it is (or at least was) fixed. Killing any dart process and doing a fresh install of the editor should work.

Natalie Weizenbaum

Feb 19, 2015, 7:47:25 PM2/19/15
to General Dart Discussion
If you're directly running the pub snapshot with the Dart executable in the SDK and it's broken, that may indicate that the SDK itself was misbuilt somehow.