Why ByteBuffer can not be extend like StringBuffer?

罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)

Nov 17, 2014, 8:39:56 AM11/17/14
to Dart
I think the name buffer is means can be extended, the ByteBuffer in
dart:typed_data is more like
a ByteView or ByteList.

--
此致

罗勇刚
Yours
sincerely,
Yonggang Luo

Lasse R.H. Nielsen

Nov 17, 2014, 9:02:47 AM11/17/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
The name liley comes from the similar ArrayBuffer name in JavaScript typed arrays.
I agree that it is slightly confusing.

To be honest, the "buffer" name is so overloaded that I'd be wary at assigning any fixed meaning to it. For example, a buffered stream is expected to have a fixed size buffer that it fills up before flushing.

/L

Lasse R.H. Nielsen - l...@google.com
'Faith without judgement merely degrades the spirit divine'
Google Denmark ApS - Frederiksborggade 20B, 1 sal - 1360 København K - Denmark - CVR nr. 28 86 69 84

罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo)

Nov 17, 2014, 10:46:32 AM11/17/14
to Dart
Indeed, Uint8Array->Uint8List
so that's Array-> List
so mabye ListBuffer is a better replacement?
Ineed, I thinks it's either don't rename, or rename it with a good name.