unable to step into source

Daniel Davidson

Dec 21, 2014, 9:12:55 AM12/21/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I'm trying to debug a potential performance problem (or user error) with redis_client package. When I try to step into a function (e.g. publish) I get a "Source Not Available" window in Dartium. The strange thing is if I navigate to the file and line number of the function it is not shown as being the current line for the debug session, however if I hover over the local variables I immediately see their contents. So it seems the editor has the file and could match up the variables but it just does not think it has the file? If I were only trying to debug this call entry side I could work with this, but I need to break on event handlers in the redis_client library which I am unable to do.

I saw this: https://groups.google.com/a/dartlang.org/forum/#!searchin/misc/source$20not$20available/misc/hvJKXoUOLrA/EVLLYzLymtQJ but it is pretty old thread (March) and I only am having trouble after upgrading after a long period of not upgrading.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Dan

Günter Zöchbauer

Dec 21, 2014, 9:19:11 AM12/21/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
As far as I remember there was an issue about an regression recently. What Dart version are you using?

kaop...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2014, 9:32:27 AM12/21/14
to Günter Zöchbauer
‎I have same issue @ 1.8.3 dart editor

寄件者: Günter Zöchbauer
已傳送: Sunday, December 21, 2014 22:19
收件者: mi...@dartlang.org
回覆至: mi...@dartlang.org
主旨: [dart-misc] Re: unable to step into source

Daniel Davidson

Dec 21, 2014, 10:16:24 AM12/21/14
to mi...@dartlang.org

Dart Editor version 1.9.0.dev_01_00 (DEV)

Dart SDK version 1.9.0-dev.1.0

alex

Dec 22, 2014, 4:51:23 AM12/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I filled a similar issue a couple of weeks ago where I could not step in into any dependencies (at least on Ubuntu, if that matters):

Daniel Davidson

Dec 22, 2014, 2:41:08 PM12/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
The bug says it is a regression. Did you find a work around?

My issue is similar, but I can step through my code, just not the package (redis_client) I am using.

Devon Carew

Dec 22, 2014, 3:08:02 PM12/22/14
to General Dart Discussion
Hey all, this was a regression in the 1.8 release. The fix for it has been committed, and is currently available in the 1.9 dev builds.

(that fix is specifically for an issue debugging command-line applications)

Devon Carew
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.

Daniel Davidson

Dec 22, 2014, 7:07:51 PM12/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I just updated to dev build 42546 and am now able to debug. Thanks!