Specifying dartium bin location in bleeding_edge DartEditor

Paul Jolly

Jul 22, 2014, 5:13:51 PM7/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hi - I have bleeding_edge checked out and built locally.

When I invoke 'Run in Dartium' on my project, DartEditor complains it is unable to find a chromium directory within the build output directory /home/myitcv/dev/dart/bleeding_edge/dart/out/ReleaseX64

Is there a clean way to specify in such a local build where dartium can be found?

Thanks

Günter Zöchbauer

Jul 22, 2014, 5:51:00 PM7/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I think you need to build Dartium separably

Paul Jolly

Jul 22, 2014, 5:53:23 PM7/22/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Thanks.

Just to clarify, I do have a dartium binary (from the 1.6.0-dev.3.0 build no less). Just can't work out how to tell the bleeding_edge editor where that binary is.

Or have I missed something in what you were suggesting?

Günter Zöchbauer

Jul 23, 2014, 2:13:12 AM7/23/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I see. I never got the Dartium build working on my Debian Linux system and gave up eventually.

Martin Kustermann

Jul 23, 2014, 5:32:40 AM7/23/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hi Paul,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but if you build the editor with

dart $ ./tools/build.py --mode=release --arch=x64 editor

and try to run it with

dart $ ./out/ReleaseX64/editor/DartEditor

and it is unable to find dartium, then it is (as Guenter said) because you don't have dartium. In fact if you want to build the editor bundle you have to have 2 different checkouts (dart and dartium), build both components and bundle them together into a zip file with a defined directory structure.

You should still be able to use a bleeding edge build of the editor with dartium by doing the bundle yourself:
- build dart sdk + editor (./tools/build.py -mrelease -ax64 editor create_sdk)
- download bleeding_edge dartium build (e.g. from here)
- copy the out/ReleaseX64/dart-sdk folder into out/ReleaseX64/editor/dart-sdk
- copy the dartium folder from the zip file into out/ReleaseX64/editor/chromium

Paul Jolly

Jul 23, 2014, 10:34:46 AM7/23/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Thanks Martin. As I confirmed to Günter, I do have dartium. In fact I have multiple versions of dartium. The problem I'm trying to solve is how to tell the DartEditor where to find one of them.

I think I've tracked down the code which corresponds to your comment about copying dartium into a chromium directory, i.e. that by default the editor assumes Dartium will be found ../chromium relative to the SDK.

That said, then I find this reference to the Dartium install location, but then can't find how to launch the SDK preferences pane.