Javascript on Console-App/Server

Rat Jo

Jul 30, 2014, 10:35:03 PM7/30/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Hi there,

when we will see javascript on console-app/server? All the interop code is there, but we can't load any js..

Jo

Günter Zöchbauer

Jul 31, 2014, 12:20:05 AM7/31/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
What exactly do you want to do? Why do you need JS on console-app/server?

Rat Jo

Jul 31, 2014, 4:00:57 AM7/31/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I want to be able to access to all the library that have been created so far for node js. Converting those library is an impossible task and replacement are just not up to the task or just doesn't work. Such library that I had to use in my nodejs application is mssql and express.io.

For the library express.io, it use socket.io inside it. It's a very solid library and it has code for the client and the server. There is a custom communication protocol and it support fallback to different communication method. Re-coding this in dart will be nice, but at the same time it will be long and impossible to keep up with upgrade made by socket.io on their library. On the client, a made a wrapper, but on the server side, I just can't do anything.