not able to find existing pub package

Daniel Davidson

Nov 13, 2014, 3:35:57 PM11/13/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
I hope I'm not losing my mind. I'm looking for a package called "id" which I created a while ago.
When I go to https://pub.dartlang.org/ and enter "id" in the search it comes back with 10 pages which I've gone through a couple times but I can't seem to find it. I'm not sure where the search looks - does it include the readme, the pubspec.yaml? I tried to search for my last name and found only a subset of my published packages.

Anyone know how this works or a better way to narrow the search?
The github housing it is https://github.com/patefacio/id

Thanks
Dan

Greg Lowe

Nov 13, 2014, 4:19:26 PM11/13/14
to mi...@dartlang.org

Günter Zöchbauer

Nov 13, 2014, 4:27:59 PM11/13/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
It happens regularly that packages are not found by search. They are always found by URL like Greg showed.

Greg Lowe

Nov 13, 2014, 5:25:16 PM11/13/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
Filed a ticket:

http://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=21602

If search is an exact match of the package name it should be first in the list.

Try searching for this package by name.

https://pub.dartlang.org/packages/id

Bob Nystrom

Nov 14, 2014, 11:57:30 AM11/14/14
to General Dart Discussion

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 2:25 PM, Greg Lowe <greg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Filed a ticket:

http://code.google.com/p/dart/issues/detail?id=21602

Thanks.

This has been a perennial problem with search on pub.dartlang.org. We use a Google custom search which just uses Google's main public web index, so it doesn't always pick stuff up. We'd love to have a search feature more deeply integrated into the server, but we haven't had any time to work on it.

- bob

Greg Lowe

Nov 14, 2014, 3:27:35 PM11/14/14
to mi...@dartlang.org
No problem. Keep up the good work ;)

Seth Ladd

Nov 17, 2014, 1:18:20 PM11/17/14
to General Dart Discussion
I'm wondering if a sitemap.xml file would help the CSE find our packages? Patches welcome!

- bob