1.13 BREAKING CHANGE Warning for dart:io – changes to TLS/SSL support

Kevin Moore

Nov 3, 2015, 2:15:06 PM11/3/15
to Dart Announcements

For updates on this and other changes coming in 1.13, see the changelog.

We will be releasing 1.13 soon. If you're feeling adventurous, please download and try a -dev build. We've received a lot of great feedback already from the community. Thank you!

Secure networking has changed, replacing the NSS library with the BoringSSL library. SecureSocketSecureServerSocketRawSecureSocket,RawSecureServerSocketHttpClient, and HttpServer now all use a SecurityContext object which contains the certificates and keys used for secure TLS (SSL) networking.

This is a breaking change for server applications and for some client applications. Certificates and keys are loaded into the SecurityContext from PEM files, instead of from an NSS certificate database. Information about how to change applications that use secure networking is at https://www.dartlang.org/server/tls-ssl.html