Chalice Order of Service 5.19.24 10am

Chalice Admin

May 19, 2024, 11:01:24 AMMay 19
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

SUNDAY SERVICE

Onsite and Online ~  10 am

Reverend Nica Eaton

Anchoring Ourselves in Times of Change

As Unitarian Universalists, we are fortunate to be able to draw from a wide range of sources to guide us on how best to deal with life's challenges. What does our pluralist approach teach us about anchoring ourselves in times of change and challenge? Join us to explore wisdom about resilience from various traditions that can help us steady during tumultuous times.

Link for the Zoom Meeting at 10 am:

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

You can also view our Livestream on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ChaliceUUF

Month Theme - Pluralism

Processional -I am Willing” by Holly Near - Chorus vs.1 Chorus

Welcome - Reverend Nica Eaton

Introduction - Rick Wells

Call to Worship - Reverend Nica Eaton

Chalice Lighting - Rick Wells

Opening Hymn - “I am Willing” by Holly Near vs. 2 & 3

Time for All Ages - Samantha Dickerson telling the story, “The Calm Down Jar” by Jennifer Jones.

Manna Collection - Samantha Dickerson

Announcements - Rick Wells

Singing the Children Out - Anthony Concepcion & Reverend Nica Eaton

Offering Words - Special Collections Clint Fultz. Today’s offering provides support for the groups Conejo Unity and Camarillo Pride.

Offering Music -  “Psalm of Life" Text by Mattie J.T. Stepanek. Music by Craig Hella Johnson. Performed by The Chalice Choir under the direction of Anthony Conception.

Receiving the Offering - Reverend Nica Eaton

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service if you are online. If you are in person please fill out an index card. You can also email your joys or concerns during the week to

wor...@chaliceuu.org

Time of Meditation - Reverend Nica Eaton

Meditation Song: #100 “Peace like a River”

Sermon - “Anchoring Ourselves in Times of Change” -  Reverend Nica Eaton

Closing Hymn - “This Joy That I Have” [Video] https://youtu.be/1TbDPwA09Bc?si=dSCPgb7k8XVufJSF

Benediction - Reverend Nica Eaton

Extinguishing the Chalice - Rick Wells

Closing Words - Reverend Nica Eaton