Chalice Order of Service 1.1.23

Chalice Admin

Jan 1, 2023, 5:00:21 AM1/1/23
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

Happy New Year! Online ONLY - join on Zoom

Rev. Dr. Susan Frederick Gray and Matthew Chapa

Embracing Possibility in Times of Change

New Year's is a time to embrace the possibility of change, but in these liminal times perhaps we find ourselves wanting to cling to what little we have that is comforting. In the sermon of Rev. Dr. Susan Fredrick Gray we are given a unique metaphor as a vantage point to consider for 2023. With the support of other UUA staff members who are also part of this service we are supplied with a litany of empowering perspectives to create a truly wondrous New Year during these unique times which our beloved community can lend support to us and us to them.

Join us for the Zoom Meeting at 10 am

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

Welcome & Chalice Lighting - Matt Chapa

Opening Words - Jessica York

Opening Song - Hymn #123, Spirit of Life

Offering Words - Matt Chapa

Offering music/ Video - Starting Over by Chris Stapleton

https://youtu.be/A3svABDnmio

Joys & Sorrows - Matt Chapa

Meditation - Patrice Curtis

Sermon - Embracing Possibility in Times of Change - Rev. Dr. Susan Frederick Gray

Closing Music - Hymn #128, For All That is Our Life

Closing Words - Rev. Keith Kron

Extinguishing of Chalice - Matt Chapa