Chalice Order of Service 12.12.21

Chalice Admin

Dec 12, 2021, 11:00:11 AM12/12/21
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

 For Everything There is a Season

December 12th, 2021 at 10 am

Merlin Snider

“Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine.” So wrote the English poet, William Blake. His words call to mind the Book of Ecclesiastes: “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, a time to die . . . a time to weep, and a time to laugh.” In this classic work of ancient Hebrew wisdom literature (a favorite since I was 14) the sage compels us to reflect on the impermanent nature of all things human: our books, our knowledge, our possessions, our wealth, our lifespan. And in so doing we seek a path to life that is good and happy and whole.

Join Zoom Meeting at 10:00

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

Order of Service

December Theme- Opening to Joy

Prelude- Anthony Concepcion

Welcome and Call to Service - Tim Snowber

Chalice Lighting - Debbie Snider and Grandkids

Opening Hymn - #123 Spirit of Life

Time for All Ages - Sam Dickerson - Pandora's Gift

Offering Words - Trey Henry

Offering Music - Turn Turn Turn performed by Merlin, Debbie, and Trey Henry

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service. Those participating in person can text Tim at 805 204-6037.

Meditation - Merlin Snider

Meditation Song - Be Here Now written and performed by Merlin Snider

Sermon - To Everything There is a Season- Merlin Snider

Closing Hymn - #354 We Laugh, We Cry

Benediction - Merlin Snider

Chalice Extinguishing Words - Tim Snowber

Zoom Breakout Rooms this week

  1. Service/Sermon discussion & newcomers

  2. Open discussion

  3. Social Justice discussion