Some updates about the Chalice Annual Auction!

Chalice Admin

Apr 14, 2022, 10:43:38 PM4/14/22
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org
Magical Mystery social .jpg

Mark your calendar for the Chalice annual auction! The 2022 Auction will be live and in person, with a silent online auction starting April 23rd  and a live auction event on May 7th, from 5:30 – 9 pm. at the Palm Garden Hotel 495 N. Ventu Park Road, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320Attendees will be able to choose a colored wrist band indicating their contact comfort level (i.e. no touch social distance, touch elbows, hug) so that everyone can be comfortable at the event.

Register for the live auction at:

https://paybee.io/@chalice@9

Our theme this year is Magical  Mystery Tour – 60 years of Chalice History. We encourage everyone to get into the 1960’s spirit. Dress in 60’s costumes (there will be a costume contest!) and we’ll present some great memories of Chalice throughout the years.

In addition to ordering tickets, you can take part in the auction in a number of ways. We have a creative team putting together an amazing video featuring... YOU!

Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to shake a tail feather. Record yourself on your phone and send it in… You do not need to get fancy. Young and young at heart - all are asked to send in a clip to be used in a video featuring your footage and a fun 60's music mashup which we’ll air at our Auction! Only the video portion will be used, so don’t worry about the audio.  Singing and dancing is great, but more than anything, think SILLY and GROOVY. You don’t even need to be dancing to do that.  Movement of any kind is always good, but don’t let anything stop you from submitting whatever you can come up with.  We’ll use everything we can and being able to see and recognize who it is in the video is also desirable.  So have FUN! The only bad videos are the ones you don’t submit and get to join in the celebration!

Email your videos for this project by Sunday, May 1st,

directly to Michael Guinn at:  Michae...@mac.com

You may also direct any questions about the video project to that same email.

And finally, We’re still looking for wonderful, creative items and experiences to tempt and delight our members and friends – all to benefit Chalice.  We are seeking donations of unique offerings and opportunities that people cannot find anywhere else, including virtual experiences offered by Chalice members and friends. Themed gift baskets are always popular!  Delivered dinners, and even meals or events to be offered for a later date after social distancing requirements.  All kinds of experiences are welcome! In addition we seek donations of gift cards (valued at $25 or more).

To submit auction donations please click this link: https://forms.gle/FWeegcHjsSt9vf6UA

Direct any questions regarding donations, to Marcy Wingard at:

(805) 204-6052 or mrwi...@hotmail.com

Let's make this the best Auction Ever!