Chalice Order of Service 6.16.24 10 am

Chalice Admin

Jun 16, 2024, 11:00:41 AMJun 16
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

SUNDAY SERVICE

Onsite and Online ~  10 am

Reverend Nica Eaton

Endings and Beginnings

With every ending comes a new beginning. After 16 years, today marks our last service in our current Sanctuary. We take time to bid adieu while we welcome in our new chapter in Fellowship Hall. Join us for this poignant last service in person at 3327 Old Conejo Road.

Link for the Zoom Meeting at 10 am:

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

You can also view our Livestream on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ChaliceUUF

Month Theme - The Story Goes On…

Welcome - Reverend Nica Eaton

Introduction - Tim Snowber

Call to Worship - Reverend Nica Eaton

Chalice Lighting - Claudia Barton

Opening Hymn - #1020 Woyaya

Time for All Ages - Samantha Dickerson & Rick Wells - “The Ballad of Chalice”

Manna Collection - Samantha Dickerson

Announcements - Matt Chapa

Singing the Children Out - Anthony Concepcion & Reverend Nica Eaton

Offering Words - Merlin Snider

Offering Music - “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin; arr. Kirby Shaw - Soloists Greg Raver-Lampman, Anthony Concepcion, Rev. Nica Eaton; Kazoo Rick Wells

Receiving the Offering - Reverend Nica Eaton

Joys and Sorrows - Reverend Nica Eaton & Tim Snowber

You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service if you are online. If you are in person please fill out an index card. You can also email your joys or concerns during the week to wor...@chaliceuu.org

Time of Meditation - Reverend Nica Eaton & Tim Snowber

Meditation Song - #1010 We Give Thanks x2

Readings:

Grenda David -For Calling the Spirit Back from Wandering the Earth in Its Human Feet” by Joy Harjo

Reverend Nica Eaton - “She Let Go” by Safire Rose

Ayanna Gaines - From the beginning of the book "Anansi Boys," by Neil Gaiman

Benediction - Reverend Nica Eaton

Closing Hymn - #1018 “Come and Go With Me”

Processional to Our New Worship Space - Congregation

Extinguishing the Chalice - Reverend Nica Eaton and Worship Associates

Closing Words - Reverend Nica Eaton

Postlude - Anthony Concepcion