Open to follow along with Chalice Sunday Service at 10 am

Chalice Admin

Dec 13, 2020, 12:32:16 PM12/13/20
to mem...@cvuuf.org, announ...@cvuuf.org

20201210_123840_0000.png

Stillness Speaks

December 13, 2020 - 10 am

December Theme: Stillness

Prelude – Anthony Concepcion

Call to Worship – Rev. Nica Eaton Guinn

Centering Song – #352 Find a Stillness

Welcome – Shane Niebergall

Lighting the Chalice – Niebergall Family

Opening Hymn - #100 Peace Like a River

Time for All Ages – Sam Dickerson Glitter Jar Story

Offering Words – Pamela Lopez

Offering Music – Sleep by Eric Whitacre https://youtu.be/GeLW43SqqbA

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service

Meditation Chant – Rev. Nica Eaton Guinn

Sermon – Stillness Speaks – Rev. Nica Eaton Guinn

Closing Hymn – #1040 Hush

Benediction – Rev. Nica Eaton Guinn

Announcements – Shane Niebergall

Postlude – Anthony Concepcion

Break-out Rooms:

1.     Service/Sermon discussion with Rev Nica

2.    Check-in/How was your week?

3.    Social Justice actions & discussion - Pamela Lopez

4.     Young Adults - Chavonne Estrella

5.     70+ Seniors - Nancy Walters

6.     Parents - Kelly Niebergall

7.     Tech Debrief

Stillness Speaks

Rev. Nica Eaton-Guinn

Sunday Service on Zoom at 10 a.m.

As the darkness of this time of year closes in, and we remain sheltered in our homes, we visit the wisdom of stillness. Normally this time of year is frantic and exhausting. Can we do it differently this year, honoring the still small voice inside that yearns to guide us? Join us to hear stillness speak.

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Password: 2020

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Chalice Admin

Dec 20, 2020, 12:31:09 PM12/20/20
to mem...@cvuuf.org, announ...@cvuuf.org

0001-14555093353_20201217_153406_0000.png

Winter Solstice

December 20, 2020 - 10 am

December Theme: Stillness

Prelude –  “Honor the Dark” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEztYa9uqKY&list=PLwBHPKLxxcdVVUlOeFbM4BCptBYdI4Oe9L&index=14

Call to Worship – Christine Blasman

Centering Song – #352 Find a Stillness

Welcome – Annie Barker

Lighting the Chalice – Robin Lindsey and Tom Stough

Opening Hymn - #1063 Winter Solstice Chant

Time for All Ages – Woodland Winter Solstice  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca-QG3-nvuQ

Offering Words – Annie Barker

Offering Music – Winter Solstice Chant by Susan T. Mashiyama https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmywzP3o8tI

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service

Meditation Song – #55 Dark of Winter

Sermon – Winter Solstice – Chris Blasman

Closing Hymn – May the Circle be Open

Benediction – Chris Blasman

Announcements – Annie Barker

Postlude – “New Fallen Snow” by Philip Wesley played by Anthony Concepcion

Break-out Rooms:

1.     Service/Sermon discussion with Chris Blasman

2.     Check-in/How was your week?

3.     Social Justice actions & discussion

4.     Young Adults

5.     70+ Seniors

6.     Parents

7.     Tech Debrief

Winter Solstice

Christine Blasman

Sunday Service on Zoom at 10 a.m.

Winter Solstice is a celebration of the longest night, a time where embracing our darkness is a springboard to personal growth and change. Come celebrate the beauty of winter solstice through music, words and visuals. Experience the serenity of solstice, a time to reflect and rejuvenate. Together we will walk through a simple exercise of letting go and looking into the future. Please have a piece of paper and pencil with you.

Chalice Admin

Dec 27, 2020, 12:30:05 PM12/27/20
to announ...@cvuuf.org, mem...@cvuuf.org

Now Hope

December 27, 2020 - 10 am

December Theme: Stillness

Prelude – Anthony Concepcion

Call to Worship – Deryck True

Centering Song – #352 Find a Stillness

Welcome – Tim Snowber

Lighting the Chalice – Mellinger Family

Opening Hymn - #159 This Is My Song

Time for All Ages – Children United

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2uB-m-Zzt0&feature=emb_logo

Offering Words – Deryck True

Offering Music – Pink – What About Us

 https://youtu.be/yWrHHxksbLY

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service

Meditation Song – #1023 - Building Bridges – performed by Anthony Concepcion

Sermon – Now Hope – Deryck True

Closing Hymn – America the Beautiful – performed by Anthony Concepcion

Benediction – Deryck True

Announcements – Tim Snowber

Postlude –  Anthony Concepcion

Break-out Rooms:

1.     Service/Sermon discussion with Deryck True

2.     Check-in/How was your week?

3.     Social Justice actions & discussion

4.     Young Adults

5.     70+ Seniors

6.     Parents

7.     Tech Debrief

Now Hope

Deryck True

Sunday Service on Zoom at 10 a.m.

In many ways 2020 has been the most fraught and challenging year any of us have ever experienced. As it comes to a close we’ll review how we have come to this place in American history and offer some reasons for hope going forward. Today’s worship is led by longtime UU and Chalice member, Deryck True.