Chalice Online Service from GA "Weaving Our Lives" 10 am

Chalice Admin

Jun 23, 2024, 11:01:25 AM (11 days ago) Jun 23
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

SUNDAY SERVICE

Online ONLY10 am

Reverend Molly Housh Gordon & Others

Weaving Our Lives

We are all tangled up together in a great web of life that is woven with beauty and hardship, love and loss, thriving and struggle. How do we tend well to the weaving so that all of us are held in care?

More details can be found here:

https://www.uua.org/ga/off-site/2024/sunday-worship

Link for the Zoom Meeting at 10 am:

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

You can also view our Livestream on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ChaliceUUF

Introduction – Rev. Dr. Molly Housh Gordon

Prelude – “Here Together” by David M Glasgow

featuring choirs from All Souls Unitarian Church Indianapolis, IN; First Parish in Concord, MA; First Parish UU in Lexington, MA; First UU Congregation of Ann Arbor, MI; UU Fellowship in Athens, GA; UU Fellowship of Poughkeepsie, NY; UU Church in Cherry Hill, NJ; UU Church in Reston, VA; and UU of Minnetonka, MN

Opening Words – Rev. Dr. Molly Housh Gordon, Rev. Eric Kaminetzky, Rev. Sarah Oglesby-Dunegan, Rev. Sadie Lansdale, Rev. Aaron Stockwell Wisman

Chalice Lighting – Gretchen Maune & Members of the UU Church of Columbia, MO

Story – from Through the Mickle Wood by Valiska Gregory – read by Rev. Dr. Leon Dunkley Jr.

Interlude - ”We Are Weaving Our Lives” by Alexa Sunshine Rose, performed by beheld

Centering Moment – Jamila Batchelder, Director of Religious Education & Violet Vonder Haar, Director of Music Ministry, UU Church of Columbia, MO

Congregational Song – “We are Weaving Our Lives” by Alexa Sunshine Rose

– led by Violet Vonder Haar

We are weaving our lives

We are weaving our hearts and our minds

We are weaving the bright and dark threads

Of our journeys through

We are weaving our lives

We are weaving a blanket of light

We are weaving a basket to hold

All that’s true

Prayer & Moment of Contemplation – Rev. Joan Javier-Duval 2 UUA GENERAL ASSEMBLY

Hymn of Response – “Spirit of Life” by Carolyn McDade – led by Natasha Steinmacher

Spirit of Life, come unto me.

Sing in my heart all the stirrings of compassion.

Blow in the wind, rise in the sea;

move in the hand, giving life the shape of justice.

Roots hold me close; wings set me free;

Spirit of Life, come to me, come to me.

Reading – “Shaking the Tree” by Jeanne Lohmann – read by Rev. Jordinn Nelson Long

Anthem – “Weave and Spin” by Starhawk – performed by Lea Morris

Sermon – “Weaving Our Lives” – Rev. Dr. Molly Housh Gordon

Hymn – “Circle Round For Freedom” by Linda Hirschhorn – led by Natasha Steinmacher and Francisco Ruiz

Circle ‘round for freedom, circle ‘round for peace,

for all of us imprisoned, circle for release,

circle for the planet, circle for each soul,

for the children of our children, keep the circle whole.

Offering Introduction – Nicole Pressley for Side with Love

Offertory – “Hold On” by Yola, performed by beheld

Benediction – Rev. Dr. Molly Housh Gordon

Postlude – “Weaving Our Songs” arranged by Paul Winchester; music by David M. Glasgow, Alexa Sunshine Rose, Carolyn McDade, and Starhawk