A message from your Minister

1 view

Nica Eaton-Guinn

Jan 13, 2022, 6:10:13 PM1/13/22
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org
Dear Chalice Members and Friends,

I wanted to reach out to you all to say I am holding you in my heart as we navigate the impact of Omicron and enter year 3 of the pandemic. Many of us are feeling disappointed, fatigued and frustrated with the ongoing pandemic and restrictions on life. We were just beginning to gather again in person, and now we’re back to online life. Meanwhile, some of our members are dealing with Covid first hand at this time. We hold you in our hearts and send healing wishes. Please do reach out if we can support you in any way by dropping off food or just a simple phone call. This is what community is for - to support one another in times of need, and remind us we are not alone, no matter what we’re going through. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly, or the Pastoral Care team (pastor...@chaliceuu.org) should you wish a listening ear and caring heart.

For now we will continue meeting virtually both for worship and small groups. If you are not in a small group at this time, (like Mens’ or Womens’ groups, Chalice circles or Committees) I highly recommend becoming part of one, so you can feel connected to and supported by others. Our Community Life team would be happy to support you in discerning what might be a good fit for you. Just email Commun...@chaliceuu.org.

If you are in need of additional spiritual sustenance, I will be teaching an 'Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation' class beginning February 13. I am attaching the flier for your information. There are only a few spaces left, so do let us know if you’d like to participate as soon as possible. It will likely be at least partly online, unless conditions improve significantly by then. I also urge you to come to zoom worship services as often as you are able, so you can stay connected to the Chalice community and hopefully find some inspiration for the journey. Please join us for an important worship service this Sunday on Building Beloved Community together.

Finally, I will be offering an extended time for gathering and checking in as a congregation this Sunday, January 16 at 11:15ish after the service on Zoom. Please join us at our worship link at that time if you wish to share how you’re doing, connect with others and spend some time with me. I miss seeing you all in person each week, and would love to hear more about how things are going for you.

Holding you all in love and care.

In service,

Rev. Nica
Reverend Nica Eaton-Guinn