Chalice Order of Service 5.1.22

Chalice Admin

May 1, 2022, 11:01:37 AM5/1/22
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

Next Service - 10 am - Join us In Person or Online

Reverend Nica Eaton-Guinn

Nurturing Beauty in a Broken World

"In a time of destruction, create something: a poem, a parade, a community, a school, a vow, a moral principle; one peaceful moment," writes Maxine Hong Kingston. During difficult times, how do we find what is beautiful and allow that to nourish our spirits? Join us to explore how we can be nurtured and healed by beauty.

Join Zoom Meeting at 10:00 am

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

May Theme- Nurturing Beauty

Prelude- Anthony Concepcion

Welcome- Reverend  Nica

Introduction- Matt Chapa

Call to Worship- Reverend Nica

Chalice Lighting

Opening Hymn- #1067 "Mother Earth Beloved Garden"

Time for All Ages - Sam Dickerson reading,  "Maybe Something Beautiful " by Isabel Campoy and Theresa Howell, and illustrated by Rafael Lopez

Offering Words - Matt Chapa

Offering Music -  "Dear Prudence" by Lennon and McCartney sung by Anthony Concepcion

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service.

Singing the Children Out

Time of Meditation- Reverend Nica

Meditation Song - "Now I Walk in Beauty"

Sermon - Reverend  Nica   "Nurturing Beauty in a Broken World"

Gratitude video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSt7k_q_qRU

Closing Hymn - #1064  "Blue Boat Home "

Benediction - Reverend Nica

Announcements - Matt Chapa

Postlude - Anthony Concepcion

Break-out Rooms:

  1. Service Discussion and Newcomers

  2. Social Justice- actions and discussion

  3. 70+ Seniors