Important news from Rev. Nica

1 view

Nica Eaton-Guinn

Apr 23, 2022, 10:19:07 PM4/23/22
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org
Dearest Chalice Community,

I am spending the weekend in a virtual church leadership conference called “Fierce Love in a Hybrid World”. What it has taught me is we are not alone in constantly needing to pivot, in dealing with a whole new world as a result of the pandemic, and in needing to embrace sacred flexibility!

Which brings me to the results of our Auction survey. Thank you to those of you who responded to our questionnaire. Based on your feedback, we learned that many of you are not yet feeling comfortable to gather in person and socialize. So we have decided to postpone our annual Auction and 60th Anniversary party to the Fall. Hopefully by then, the world will open up more, and we can have a joyous gathering celebrating our 60th milestone. The silver lining to this news is that leadership was hoping we could move our Auction to the Fall in our future scheduling so it doesn't come on the heals of our pledge drive. So this presents us with a good opportunity to make that shift.

My friends, please mark your calendars now - for Saturday, October 8. We hope to have a huge turnout to celebrate our 60th anniversary and come together as a whole community after this long time of separation.

Huge thanks to our amazing Auction team who have been working so hard on this. Your work on behalf of the congregation is appreciated and valued. We are grateful for your ability and willingness to pivot, and to move your hard won efforts to the Fall.

In faith and gratitude,

Nica

Reverend Nica Eaton-Guinn
Minister, Chalice
(She/Her/Hers) Here’s why...
Cell/Text: (805) 410-3860
Zoom Meetings:
https://uuma.zoom.us/my/revnica
Office Hours by Appointment on Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday
Thursday/Fridays - Worship prep. Mondays are my Sabbath
I hope to return messages and calls within 48 hours.