Chalice News & Notes 7.5.24

Chalice Admin

Jul 5, 2024, 5:01:27ā€ÆPMJul 5
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

We Nurture Spiritually Courageous People

Who Transform the World throughĀ

Justice and Compassion

Explore our website to learn more about everything we are doing.

www.chaliceuu.org

Upcoming Events

July 7 - First service back onsite! With special Lunch after service - 10 am at 3331 Old Conejo Rd. (aka Fellowship Hall)

July 11 - BIPOC UU Tri-County Collaborative - 6pm on Zoom

July 14 - Ice Cream Social, Scavenger Hunt & Family Check-In - 11:30 (after service) at Chalice

July 21 - Family Hike and Lunch after service

July 21 - Open Mic Nite - 6pm in the Lounge

SUNDAY SERVICEĀ

Onsite & Online ~Ā  10 amĀ

Reverend Nica Eaton

Shining our Light Wherever We Are

Today marks our first service in our new temporary Sanctuary in Fellowship Hall. No matter where we are, we, the people, are Chalice. With our world in disarray, it is important we shine our light wherever we are. Join us in person to experience the joy of using our building in a new way. You can experience the service live in our Sanctuary or sit with friends on sofas in our new Lounge or Nest and enjoy the service on screens, partaking in communal rituals all together. And of course, we continue to offer online zoom services. Welcome to our new way of worshiping together. We will also honor the memory of our beloved member, Dave Buss who passed away last month and is deeply missed.

Link for the Zoom Meeting at 10 am:

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09Ā

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

You can also view our Livestream on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ChaliceUUF

Chalice Lighting

To start your day, a meeting, or before a meal

We light our chalice as a symbol of the Light within us
and the life that flows through the world around us.
It is our beacon as we search for truth.
It is the warmth in our hearts for love.
And it is the energy that propels us to action.
May we be kindled by our time together.

~ Brian Lee

As you can see, we have many fun activities for you to participate in this summer. On July 14th we hope youā€™ll stay after service to participate in an Ice Cream Social and Scavenger Hunt for the whole congregation,Ā

followed by a check in for our families.Ā

For any questions or more information, you can contact Samantha Dickerson, our Director of Lifespan Religious Exploration (DLRE) atĀ

d...@chaliceuu.org

Celebration of Life for Dave BussĀ

Saturday, August 3rd 3pm to 7pmĀ

at the Lakeside Pavilion at Conejo Creek North

1379 E. Janss RdĀ

Thousand Oaks, CA 91360Ā

The family kindly requests that you rsvp on this link, as it will be helpful for them to get a head count:Ā

http://evite.me/davebuss

THE CHALICE CLUSTER WEEKEND RETREATĀ

at Camp deBenneville Pines is coming Soon!

Save the dates:Ā

Friday, September 27 through Sunday, September 29, 2024

Join Chalice members and many of our neighboring congregations for this weekend retreat in the mountains.Ā  Sign up early and join in a beautiful weekend among the towering cedars, oaks, and pines of this beautiful camp owned and operated by the Pacific Southwest Regional Area of the UUA.

The atmosphere is one of fun, camaraderie, and friendship.Ā  This weekend is a chance for the whole family to relax, hike, sing, play games, swim, and enjoy the fresh air among other UUs.

For more information, registration, or to fill our need for a volunteer for Programs, or need for a Nurse contact Annie or David Barker (anniez...@gmail.com, davida...@gmail.com or both at cluster...@chaliceuu.org ).

We welcome your assistance!!! Please let us know!

Ā šŸ“… Save the Date: Sunday, October 27thĀ  from 5-9pm

Attention all Chalice members and friends.Ā  At this time the auction committee is asking you to start thinking about our yearly Auction (yes, already!). Make sure you save the date now on your calendar: October 27th from 5-9 pm. Next, you might start to speculate about what youā€™d like to offer up for auction. Do you have valuable items, unique experiences, or extraordinary services that could make a tremendous impact?Ā  You can come up with something new and creative or if you have hosted a popular event that sold out in the past, you can offer it twice! We love your participation and enthusiasm. YOU are always what makes our auction great. Here are some ideas for donation:Ā

šŸŽ Unique Items, šŸŒŸ Fun events, šŸ’¼ Professional Services, šŸļø Travel Packages, šŸŽ¤ VIP Access, šŸ½ļø Dining Experiences, šŸŒ³ Nature Hike , šŸŽ‰ Party ,Ā  šŸŽ¤ Concerts,Ā  šŸ† Sports or Game Tournament,Ā  šŸ•ŗTeach a class.Ā Ā

Do you have a hosted event or an item to donate? Please fill out this form:

https://forms.gle/FxmvB7SeZaJyXYJs6

This is always our biggest fundraiser of the year and you make it possible!

šŸ“§ Contact: AUC...@chaliceuu.org.Ā

Chalice has many Social Action groupsĀ

to engage with on a monthly basis!Ā

Racial & Cultural Justice Team: 1st Monday zoom meetings at 5:30pm each month.

BIPOC UU Tri-County Collaborative: 2nd Thursday of the month, every other month - Next meeting July 11th 6 pmĀ

The Citizenā€™s Climate Lobby Meeting: 2nd Saturday of the month - 9 amĀ

Chalice Climate Action Team Meeting: 4th Sunday of the Month @ 12:30 (no meeting in July) will resume in August

Community Forum Team meeting: 3rd Mondays at 7:00 p.m.Ā

Contact Justice...@chaliceuu.org for more information

Consider joining the Chalice Social Justice Facebook group. To learn about latest events supporting Black Lives Matter, Climate Justice and other concerns, clickĀ  on:Ā

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1260868657268458/ Ā

BIPOC UU Tri-County CollaborativeĀ

Meets the second Thursday of the month

Next Meeting Thursday July 11th from 6pm-7pmĀ

If you are a BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or Person Of Color) Unitarian Universalist, we invite you to join Matt Chapa and Ayanna Gaines of Chalice Unitarian Universalist Fellowship for an evening of support and discussion.Ā Ā

Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/95532331455?pwd=TFI3b2MwUG96MmN0c1M5RHZiUXFsZz09Ā

Please note that this meeting is for BIPOC folk only. Allies are encouraged to seek out other opportunities.

Greetings to all.

Together, we are doing all we can to protect our democracy, preserve the right to vote in, and have future elections. We all know the importance of what we are doing and thank each of you for your energy and participation.Ā

We just purchased another 3000 cards and stamps as part of our commitment to UUtheVote. How does the financial support work? We have a 3:1 matching Spirit Level grant to fund our efforts.Ā  When we raise $2500, we will receive $7500 from the Spirit Level Foundation. This is three times more effective than donating stamps. Please consider making a donation toward our matching part of the grant. Thanks for your help.

Coming up this week, we have 1000 postcards for Georgia. We are bringing bundles of 30 this Sunday, July 7, to the Chalice service and after.

There will also be more opportunities for texting, registering voters and attending local events, all of which help us spread the word and the need for everyone to vote this November.

Please let us have your order for Georgia cards so we can have them ready for you. Pamela is back from her vacation, so either of us can get you the postcards.

Have a safe July 4th!. We hope to see you at Chalice on Sunday.

In solidarity,

Pamela and Jill

Saturday, July 6

7:30am AA Meeting - Lounge

10:00am OA Meeting - The Nest

Sunday, July 7

10:00am Chalice Worship Service (IN PERSON & Zoom 2)

5:00pm Newcomer AA Meeting

Monday, July 8

7:00pm Women's Evening Group (zoom)

Tuesday, July 9

10:00am Gardenia Group (zoom)

6:00pm RE Committee Meeting (zoom2)

6:00pm Pastoral Care Meeting

Wednesday, July 10

5:00pm Finance Committee Meeting (ZoomD)

7:00pm Council Meeting (Nzoom)

Thursday, July 11

6:00pm BIPOC UU Tri-County collaborative meeting

7:00pm 2nd Thursday UU Ukuleles

Other ways to get involved or stay connected:

Or reach out to us here:

Chalice Office # (805) 498-9548 - Messages will be checked regularly.

Rev. Nica Eaton, Minister, mini...@chaliceuu.org