Chalice Order of Service 5.26.24 10am

Chalice Admin

May 26, 2024, 11:01:36 AMMay 26
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

SUNDAY SERVICE

Onsite and Online ~  10 am

Reverend Kikanza Nuri-Robins & Ayanna Gaines

Is It Binary, Or Not?

Life is complicated, and sometimes confusing. When we try to oversimplify things, we lose the nuances and subtleties that often make the biggest differences. In the Western World, we are taught to think rationally, logically and in a binary fashion. Often, however, the answer to the question, is it this or is it that, is yes. Come and reflect on the value of resting in ambiguity. What might we learn from the Paradoxes of the East?

Link for the Zoom Meeting at 10 am:

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

You can also view our Livestream on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ChaliceUUF

Month Theme - Pluralism

Welcome - Ayanna Gaines

Introduction - Reverend Kikanza Nuri-Robins

Call to Worship - Ayanna Gaines

Chalice Lighting - Ayanna Gaines

Opening Hymn - #1054 “Let This Be a House of Peace”

Time for All Ages - Samantha Dickerson telling the story, “Neither” by Airlie Anderson

Manna Collection - Samantha Dickerson

Announcements - Ayanna Gaines

Singing the Children Out - Ayanna Gaines & Anthony Concepcion

Offering Words - Ayanna Gaines

Offering Music - “The Silence and the Song” by Mark Patterson

Receiving the Offering - Ayanna Gaines

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service if you are online. If you are in person please fill out an index card. You can also email your joys or concerns during the week to

wor...@chaliceuu.org

Time of Meditation - Ayanna Gaines

Meditation Song - #15 “The Lone Wild Bird”

Sermon - “Is It Binary, Or Not?” - Reverend Kikanza Nuri-Robins

Closing Hymn - #6 “Just as Long as I Have Breath”

Benediction - Reverend Kikanza Nuri-Robins

Extinguishing the Chalice - Reverend Kikanza Nuri-Robins

Closing Words - Ayanna Gaines

Postlude - Anthony Concepcion