Chalice Order of Service 2.19.23

Chalice Admin

Feb 19, 2023, 11:00:47 AM2/19/23
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

In Person & Online Service - 10 am

Grenda David

The Vulnerability of Friendship -

Life Lessons from Pooh & Friends

As we continue in our exploration of vulnerability in the month of February, let's explore together what the master teacher, Winnie the Pooh (and his friends) have to teach us about ourselves and life.  Some how all of life teaches if we are willing to be students.  Even Eeyore has something to offer.

Join us in person or for the Zoom Meeting at 10 am

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

February Theme - Vulnerability

Prelude Song - I Can Change by Lake Street Band; performed by Brandon Gass

Welcome - Grenda David

Introduction - Matt Chapa

Call to Worship - Grenda David - from Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chalice Lighting - Matt Chapa

Opening Hymn - You’ve Got a Friend in Me by Randy Newman

Time For All Ages - Sam Dickerson reads Eeyore Loses His Tail adapted from A.A. Milne

Manna Collection - Sam Dickerson

Offering Words - Matt Chapa - from Parker Palmer

Offering Music - We Are the World, [video] performance by Clarksville Elementary School children, Clarksville, IN

https://youtu.be/nTFlFyJr_U8

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox during the service if you are online. If you are in person please fill out an index card. Can email them during the week to wor...@chaliceuu.org

Singing the Children Out - Grenda David

Time of Meditation - Grenda David

Meditation Song - #1031 Filled With Loving Kindness

Sermon - The Vulnerability of Friendship; Life Lessons from Pooh & Friends  Grenda David

Closing Hymn - Lean on Me by Bill Withers

Benediction - Grenda David - from Henry Nouwen

Extinguishing the Chalice - Matt Chapa

Announcements - Matt Chapa

Postlude - Theme Song to Winnie the Pooh written by Richard Sherman [video]

https://youtu.be/C7JvP-iL0tE