Chalice Order of Service 6.30. 24 ONLINE ONLY 10am

Chalice Admin

Jun 30, 2024, 11:00:10 AM (4 days ago) Jun 30
to mem...@chaliceuu.org, announ...@chaliceuu.org

 SUNDAY SERVICE

Online ONLY ~  10 am

Tim Snowber with a streaming service from

Flaming Chalice International

My Muzungu Eyes Are Improving

UU Liz James has worked in a variety of service and development projects throughout the world.  Her work with a particular project in Kenya through Flaming Chalice International has been particularly meaningful. In this service she is joined by Rev. Fulgence Ndadigimana, founder of Flaming Chalice, as she shares her work of trying to step back from a colonialist "let me show you how it's done" mindset.

Link for the Zoom Meeting at 10 am:

https://zoom.us/j/209555249?pwd=dkVSdDE1ZWh5dHBVcXo2ZHVKQUJkQT09

Meeting ID: 209 555 249

Phone: 16699009128

Password: 2020

You can also view our Livestream on FB: https://www.facebook.com/ChaliceUUF

Prelude - Franscisco Ruiz singing “We Shall Be Known” by Mamuse

Welcome - Tim Snowber

Opening words - by Trevor Noah, read by Liz James

Chalice lighting - by Reverend Fulgence Ndadigimana

Opening song - “Come Come Whoever You Are” by Rev Lynn Ungar, performed by Matt Meyer

Time for All Ages - Liz James on Speaking Up When Things Aren’t Right

Announcements - Tim Snowber

Offering - by Liz James and Rev Fulgence Ndadigimana

Joys and Sorrows - You may write your Joys and Sorrows in the chatbox. You can also email your joys or concerns during the week to

wor...@chaliceuu.org

Time of Meditation - Tim Snowber

Sermon - My Muzungu Eyes Are Improving, by Liz James

Closing Hymn - Rev Joanna Lubkin singing “More Waters Rising” By Saro Lynch-Thomason

Chalice Extinguishing - by Rev Fulgence Ndadigimana

Closing Words - Tim Snowber

Postlude - “When Our Heart is in a Holy Place” by Joyce Poley,

Performed by the Unitarian Universalist Society of Grafton and Upton, Massachusetts

Please join us next Sunday, July 7 at 10 am, for our first in person service in Fellowship Hall. This service will also be on Zoom and Facebook Live