Few Bumps Reminders

David O'Loughlin

Jun 11, 2024, 3:55:54 PMJun 11
to capt...@cucbc.org, co...@cucbc.org, boa...@cucbc.org, Committee

Evening everyone,

We hope that you are all excited for Bumps tomorrow!

Here are a few reminders from us:

  • Weather! The forecast for tomorrow is currently dry, but crews should come well-prepared for rain. There’s nothing worse than sitting in the cold and wet for an hour while marshalling.
  • Bank: Some tall weeds have been cut today, and we hope more tomorrow morning, but there may be thistles or nettles on the bank, so we advise all crews to bring shoes or slides with them to both the P&E and start and to take care if leaving their boat.
  • Ferry at the Plough – please take care when you arrive at the Plough for race starts as the Ferry may be returning to the Plough side.
  • Lastly, there are some planned river tours for tomorrow. They’ll follow divisions to marshalling or down after a race. Remember, you must follow normal navigation rules when arriving at or returning from racing!

Looking forward to seeing you all. May the bumps be ever in your favour,

David

David O’Loughlin

CUCBC Honorary Secretary