Winter League II - entries close Wed 14 Feb

Tamzin Byrne

Feb 8, 2024, 2:26:53 PMFeb 8
to cont...@cucbc.org, winter...@crarowing.co.uk

Dear college captains,

The February leg of CRA Winter League is coming up – next Sunday 18 February.

Enter your crews for 2.6km of type-2 fun! Leg 2 features special CUCBC race categories, with pots awarded at the end of the day. This is a great prep-race for WeHORR/ManHORR, and a nice mid-season target for lower boats.

Row-throughs can be arranged. We strongly encourage crews to avoid training outings around 10am-11am, as the river will be extremely busy. Afternoon row-throughs will make for better boating.

If you have the capacity to host a visiting club please let us know on winter...@crarowing.co.uk. The requirement would be for access for one trailer and space to rig boats. Our CRA friends from Ely, St Neots and beyond are joining us, and we are hoping to avoid congestion outside 99s/old CRA/City.

Entries close for February leg: 11.59pm Wed 14 Feb 2024 or when entries have filled

Website: https://sites.google.com/view/crawinterleague/home?pli=1

Email: winter...@crarowing.co.uk

Race dates:

  • Sunday 14 January 2024 done ✔️
  • Sunday 18 February 2024
  • Sunday 10 March 2024

What is Winter League?

---

For those not familiar with this epic event…

  • Battle it out over three races in January, February and March
  • Racing is 2.6km upstream from the motorway to the Green Dragon.
  • Prizes are engraved pots, which you might choose to fill with mulled wine at the 99s bar (Ribena for the juniors).
  • But the real prize is to watch the seasons change on the Cam, from January sleet to springtime blossom

Many colleges choose to enter just the February event. There are special college prizes just for those entering the February event, so you don’t have to enter all three events.

How do I sign up?

---

Divisons 1 and 2 are already full, but there is plenty of capacity left in divisions 3 and 4.

There are two systems:

  • If you are a large club making a lot of entries, there is a spreadsheet you can fill in.
  • If you are a small club or individual crew, there’s an online form.
  • Payments are made directly to Cambridge 99s, bank details are on the website.

Tell me more!

---

All info will be on the Winter League website in the first instance:

https://sites.google.com/view/crawinterleague/home?pli=1

If you have any questions, the organising team from X Press and Cambridge 99s can be reached via winter...@crarowing.co.uk – though please be patient with us over the Christmas break.

We have also set up a WhatsApp group for race secretaries and club captains for important updates (eg: weather and safety announcements) so we can get info to clubs as quickly as possible, while updating the website.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/I7TkJu1tgdaJFZQTQlJ5al

Cheers,

Tamz

On behalf of the Cambridge 99s / X Press Winter League Committee

---
Tamzin Byrne (they/them)

Cambridge 99s / X Press Winter League Committee winter...@crarowing.co.uk

Trainee Umpire, BR Eastern Region