SBR 2024 - Open for Entries

David O'Loughlin

Apr 2, 2024, 12:07:06 PMApr 2
to cont...@cucbc.org
Dear All,

The 2024 Small Boats Regatta is now open for entries. Races are to take place from Mon 22nd Apr - Wed 24th Apr 2024 and entries should be made via captains using the CUCBC website. Information for each event, including eligibility criteria, is available online here (https://www.cucbc.org/handbook/racing/sbr). We may be able accommodate competitors who want to enter 2 events, but please note that 3 or more events for a single competitor is unlikely to be possible.

Key Info:

Entry Deadline is 10th April 2024.
Racing clubs must provide marshals – sort marshal and bank party availability before entering.
Fees added to term bill.
See last year’s results for indicative timings. Exact schedule will depend on entries.
Entries should be identified using:
Single Sculls: Use the competitor's surname. (e.g. Smith)
Pairs/Doubles: Use the competitors' surnames separated with a dash. (e.g. "Smith-Bloggs")

SBR falls broadly into three levels of competition:

'Championship' events: Delafields (W1x), Colquhouns (M1x), Magdalene (M2-, W2-), Lowe (M2x, W2x, Mixed2x), - open to all.
'Intermediate' events: Fairbairn Junior (M1x, W1x), Forster-Fairbairn (M2-, W2-) - Blues, half-blues, Blondie/Goldie colours and Trial caps cannot enter, nor can previous winners of each respective event.
‘Novice’ events - Peter Brandt (M1x) and Maiden Sculls (W1x) - open only to those who have never competed in a sculling race. Blues, half-blues, Blondie/Goldie colours and Trial caps cannot enter.
University medals will only be awarded to the winners of the Novice Sculls, Fairbairn Junior Sculls, or Foster-Fairbairn Pairs if there are four or more entrants in their category.

The deadline for entries to the SBR is 10th Apr 2024 at 17:00. Entry Fees are £6 for the Peter Brandt and Maiden Sculls, £10 for all other single scull races and £16 per double or pair. Entry fees will be added to your colleges bill.

Please note that competing crews will be required to provide marshals (via their clubs) to ensure the smooth and safe running of races. Failure to provide marshals as required will result in the automatic scratching/disqualification of the relevant competing crew. Please get your marshal availability sorted alongside crew availability. Slots may be assigned on any of the days of racing. We had a lot of changing of marshals during Uni IVs and will be much stricter on this for SBR - without adequate marshals we cannot safely race.

More specific details will be available once we have a list of entries.

Best wishes,

David and Luke,

CUCBC Exec Committee

David O'Loughlin

Apr 8, 2024, 4:32:31 AMApr 8
to capt...@cucbc.org, cont...@cucbc.org, comm...@cucbc.org

Good morning all,

A reminder that entries for SBR close this Wednesday at 5pm.

Lots of spaces still available but late entries will not be accepted. Entries to be made by club captains via the CUCBC website.

Very best,
David