Insurance Arrangements for College Boat Clubs

Will Reis

May 30, 2024, 2:37:55 AMMay 30
to capt...@cucbc.org, s...@cucbc.org
Dear Captains & Senior Treasurers,

I am writing on behalf of the Stewards of Magdalene Boat Club, a committee of alumni and College staff that oversee the long-term governance of MBC.

MBC will be making changes to its insurance policy very soon and would appreciate any input from other clubs about their arrangements and approximate costs to compare with quotes received.

MBC's current arrangement is through the College insurance, however the College insurer would prefer to move away from insuring boat clubs in general. Hence, we are now looking at a standalone policy for the future.

I would appreciate any feedback from other clubs along the lines of:

- your club's insurance arrangements (e.g. standalone policy or included on College insurance)
- approximate costs per annum
- recommended insurers or brokers
- whether the cost of insurance is funded by the club itself through subs, fundraising, race income etc. OR paid by the College OR some other means of funding

Many thanks for any input you may have,

Will Reis
President, Magdalene Boat Club
Magdalene, 2013