Dec 23: Please help us to set some fires!

1 view

Susanne Jul

Dec 23, 2021, 11:41:59 AM12/23/21
to Creative Crisis Leadership Holidays
Advent Post 23@2x.png

Photo by Scott Anderson

The 2021 Wildfire Advent Calendar has been brought to you by Creative Crisis Leadership, a fledgling nonprofit organization with an award-winning new approach to community disaster preparation and a mission to prepare people to be unprepared.

Now it’s your turn.

We need your support to set fire to five communities before May 31, 2021.

OK, not literally. Although, we want them to feel and think like a wildfire really is threatening their homes.

You see, we believe that the best way to learn something is to practice. So we create fun and engaging immersive learning experiences that throw a small group of strangers and neighbors into an (imagined) disaster. They get to discover what they need and what they are capable of, before they are faced with the real thing.

Watch this video to see how our approach works.

With your help, we can pilot our new wildfire learning experience in five communities in Northern California. Once we know it produces the right learning outcomes, we’ll work with different community-based organizations so that they can set (imagined) fires under many more communities.

Please donate now to help us to set our first five fires!